Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from C6 land ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hi from C6 land ...

ORIGINAL: androdz
ORIGINAL: MantaDreams
depending on howlong you hang around, you'll likely see a mix of posts roughly in these areas:
(1) technical (questions & answers, probs & solutions)
(2) owners showing what mods they made and asking for opinions (stangs have to be one of the most modded vehicles out there, don't you think?)
(3) speculation of what's in store for newer models
(4) operators sharing recent driving experiences (wrecks, any trouble with the law, and feeble attempts from wannabe racers - 4 bangers and the like)

is this similar to what you read on vette boards?

And nice to hear you post in such a gentile manner.
Erm you forgot the top 3 topics... Will this void my warranty, sc/turbo/nitrous which is better, Pluses and Minus from 4.10s,
you forgot OIL
Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully in 2 years or so you'll be welcoming me on yours
Old 09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

^..I second that!
3rd it !!

Welcome to the forums ... and i hope that in 4 - 5 years i can get my hands on a used ´08 LS3 vette
Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

He posted in a Gentile manner as opposed to a Jewish manner? LOL!

depending on howlong you hang around, you'll likely see a mix of posts roughly in these areas:
(2) owners showing what mods they made and asking for opinions (stangs have to be one of the most modded vehicles out there, don't you think?)
(4) operators sharing recent driving experiences (wrecks, any trouble with the law, and feeble attempts from wannabe racers - 4 bangers and the like)

Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Chicks love mustangs. Go for it and welcome.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

I am a Corvette C4 owner 40th Ann., I love my Vette, It has been a garage queen and I have only about 4k miles on it. The mods that I have done are Borla Mufflers, Programmable Chip and Air Foil and CAI. I had a buddy in college that owned a Mach 1 and I always like the Stang. When the new Stang came out I was intrigued and got one. I love that car, use it for my daily driver, can't quite decide which one I like driving more. Just like the Vette is to Ferrari the Stang is to the Vette. I love the fact that you can get so much bang for the buck. I will say that the Stang is a lot easier to get in and out of. Go ahead and get a Stang, you will love it.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 AM
kcstangin

Welcome aboard, good to see a non-flamer.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 AM
kcstangin

Haha, I just thought that was funny. I guess we can add spelling corrections as number (5).

ORIGINAL: beaustang

He posted in a Gentile manner as opposed to a Jewish manner? LOL!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

We are talking about what it takes to beat a c6 of course.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:48 AM
brian70068
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tjfontaine

Thanks for all the replies Gang ... A couple folks have asked about the common mods and discussion topics we have going on over at CORVETTEFORUM.COM (which is where I hang) .... I JUST did LG Longtube Headers with a ram air intake and a tune ... stock CAT BACK (muffflers ... ) ... picked up about 40 BHP over stock - quite a diff in Seat of the pants ... this is a real common lite duty mod set C6 folks are doing ... of course plenty of those that are doing what some of you Stang guys are - cams, heads, Superchargers, etc .... the hot new topic on Corvetteforum is the new LS3 ... this thing has come out of the factory much more wicked and tunable than many have thought ... there are folks already hitting 500 hp with that motor and some fairly simple mods ... I am happy with my 05 really although one can always use more power ...

Last year in Feb I went to Spring Mountain Driving school in Las Vegas for a 3 day HP driving course. I am now high speed certified ... I have done a few HPDE / track days at BIR here in MN ... I didn't this year because of A). My demanding job and B) the wear and tear on my machine (tires about shot after 15K but I flog it hard ....

I like to hang out on the back roads of Western Wisconsin near Lake Pepin ... GREAT hi perf driving in those areas ...

I imagine some of you look at us C6 guys the way some of us look at the Porsche gang ... a little uppity ... actually, most of my C6 pals are not like that - we are CAR GUYS and the CARS we happen to have are VETTES ... but me and my gang like em all ... if it is a cool ride then we like them .... I can certainly afford a pricier ride than what I have but I happen to like the regular C6 ( although I lust still for a Z06 but no removable roof keeps me away). I like GT3s a lot too but I am a bigger guy and the C6 is nice and accomodating and comfy for me ...

Enjoying reading what some of you all are doing to your RUSTANGS (oops ... did I say that ?? ) .... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO56-smgxILOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK that was a stupid joke [sm=icon_rofl.gif]But I did see a C6 ZO6 for like a 100k on eBay and it had a custom removable roof but there is a company that will mod a ZO6 to have a removable roof but that
could make it unstable at high speeds.i can't wait to see the corvette ss blue devil whatever

Welcome to the forums

Quick Reply: Hi from C6 land ...