Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*UPDATED*HELP BROKE DOWN NEED HELP IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:27 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Default *UPDATED*HELP BROKE DOWN NEED HELP IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

BOYFRIEND BROKE DOWN HE HAS A 5 SPEED. SYMPTOMS WERE HE'S IN 5TH GEAR HEARD A GRINDING SOUND, PULLED IT OUT PUT IT IN NEUTRAL CAR STALLED WILL NOT START BACK UP. BEEN 20 MIN NOW AND BURNING CLUTCH SMELL.

So I found out what is wrong with my car and it is the Saleen Blower. That is actually really good news, I'll tell you why. After calling the dealer in Yuma several times and contacting Saleen and explained them in detail what happened they are paying for a new blower to be shipped out to Yuma. The really cool part is Saleen is willing to work woth Yuma since they are the only dealer within a 60 mile radius and just ship them a new setup free and no charge to me. Here's where it gets interesting, the Yuma dealer wants no part in swapping the blower and is " not confident there 23 year ASE certified techcan do it correctly". Saleen worked with that dealer for about 30 minutes explaining they would send them install papers etc etc. After about 30 minutes of finding out how incompetent the Bill Alexander (Yuma dealer) was, Saleen ( George ) called me and said they are paying the tow bill to get my car out of there and sentto the next closest city to SD which is El Centro. I guess they have an authorized Saleen dealer and service center that is going to install the new blower again FREE OF CHARGE!!!!

THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A SALEEN I LOVEEM'!!!! HOW COOL ARE THEY?!?!?!?!?!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP BROKE DOWN NEED HELP IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

Call Ford Roadside.

~Fletch~
Old 10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

+1 call the roadside assistance and assuming the car is under warranty Ford will send out a tow truck.

# is 800-241-3673

best of luck
Old 10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

are we talking about the black mustang with the
supercharger
Old 10-07-2007, 07:48 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

THANKS. CONTACTED ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE. CLUTCH IS FRIED. HOPEFULLYHE"LL MAKE IT TO THE OCT 13TH SAN DIEGO CRUISE.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ok thanks for the update
Old 10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

how many miles on the clutch. and with what type of power again.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Wow! Just the other day I remember reading his response here:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3971671/...tm.htm#3972120

Glad to hear he's okay and the car's just out a clutch. He has one of my favorite cars on this forum!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:25 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

THANKS. CONTACTED ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE. CLUTCH IS FRIED. HOPEFULLY I'LL MAKE IT TO THE OCT 13TH SAN DIEGO CRUISE.
Hope so. Going to put in a Spec as a replacement?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:24 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Well tonight absolutely sucked. I basically broke down at the border of Arizona and California (Yuma) on the way to SD for the big ride coming up next week. Long story short I was cruising along in 5th doing 80mph and all of a sudden I here this grinding sound coming from the floor board/lower dash area. I thought I just over heated the clutch and pulled over on the shoulder to let it cool. About 20 minutes later I still had no luck starting it back up, it wouldn't even turn over, almost as if my starter was bad. I popped the hood and smelled that infamous buttersweet smell of burnt clutch. I guess while I was calling Ford my GF simultaneosly was on my account and posted a what should my hubby do question. LOL

I finally got a tow at 9:45pm. and the break down occured at 5:15. I had 2 seperate tow truck companies come out and refuse to tow me because I have a ground effects kit and no tow hooks. I hit the flipping roof at about 7:15 and just hit my flashers, at this point it had been dark already for about 30 minutes. At about 8:00 a CHP officercame to my rescue and called a 3rd tow company, oddly it was the 1st tow company that had refused to help me out, but this time the owner showed up. The patrol man stayed with me until the car was loaded on the flat bed ( and not without damage). They basically pushed my car into the dirt from the asphalt shoulderand then pulled her up backwards. The front bumper was scraping for a solid 3 feetin the dirt with each inch getting progressively more dug into the ground.

It's late and I am tired. I will post pics I took withmy cell phone of the massacre towing/loading job tomorrow.

Yes I will be replacing my stock clutch with a spec 3+ twin setup with aluminum flywheel that is properly rated for my setup. I only have 4900 miles on the car, 1900 on the blower/stock tranny. I just didn't think my stock clutch (fairly brand new with only5K miles) would burn out on a road trip that I was cruising a set 75-80mph in the same gear. This won't happen to me again, I have learned a valuable lesson tonight.

Quick Reply: *UPDATED*HELP BROKE DOWN NEED HELP IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE