Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 12:21 AM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Loudmouth

I had the Corsa mufflers on my 96 Vette and loved them, I may go with them as well.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:36 AM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

The price for the Corsa is steep, it's $695 + $45 for shipping, but you get what you pay for. I figure if Corvette ranks them #1 it's worth a shot.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Marty256
1st Gear Member

Here's the thing. If you see a police officer, don't rev the engine and draw attention to yourself. You can get a ticket for just about anything if you come across the wrong officer. If you use your head and don't act like a jerk chances are you'll be okay. If you’re caught street racing the cop is going to write you for any and every infraction of the motor vehicle code. If you should get a summons for the loud exhaust it's not a moving violation therefore no points against you driving record with your state's DMV. Some municipalities even have local ordinances to cover excessive noise. There usually more expensive than the motor vehicle code violation but a record of the violation does not appear on your driver’s abstract. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

It's my understanding from this and other forums, as well as speaking to my local mecanic, that a cat-back will not produce significant gains in horse power. Yet, they all agree that it allows the pony to breath better. In addition my trusty mecanic suggested that I hold back from buying headers, at least until the summer, because there will be a lot more competition and as a result a whole lot cheaper.

Nonetheless, I fell in love with the Borla Cat-back sound and that's why I'm going with them even if I have to pay a little more.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:39 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Yea.. I hate cops.. when I had my eclipse I had a mod cat-back but it was not bad at all.. and I was driving slow and the ***** still pulled me over and gave me a ticket. Later I had to go to the station to get it writen off and the cop that went out there had me rev it many times.. she was laughing and told me there was nothing wrong with it. All cops want us to drive 100hp hondas!!! F them.. fight the system
Old 02-28-2005, 01:45 AM
MTXpro752

Yes cops do give tickets to motorcycles and all cars alike, depending on what mood they are in but you usually won't get pulled for noise alone unless you rev it at o dark thirty in the morning in a neighborhood, in fact if it sounds good a lot of cops appreciate it, just don't be dumb.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Marty256
1st Gear Member

Don't judge all police officers because of a bad experience with one. That would be like me saying that I hate everyone who drives an import. That wouldn't be true now would it!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:13 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

trust me it was not just one and I'm not the only person that has ill feelings towards them. Dont get me wrong.. I have run into some good cops.. but there is a handful the give the PD a bad rap. You can see that in the news all the time. The one time I did run into the good cop was when I did get caught going a little fast in my 99GT(140hp) .. but thats because I like some jetta *** tick me off. He was cutting in front of me then going back out to the other lane and doing it over and over.. ohh well
Old 02-28-2005, 05:21 PM
emperorjordan

Marty256 is right when he said you have to drive smart. As soon as my GT comes, I plan to get the SLP Loudmouth also. On my motorcycle, I have a full FMF Titanium 4 Race system, which is basically a straight pipe, and it is LOUD. If cops are around, I will just not rev it over like 3k RPMS and its not too bad. Just drive smart, and you should be fine.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

ok i have seen the borla mentioned as well as the corsa in this forum. but the only one that states that it adds power is the corsa is this the only exhaust out there that will accually gain some hp and tq with a program of coarse?

Quick Reply: Loudmouth