Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended (Car Finished.. advice needed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Rear-ended this morning =(

if it weren't for bad luck this week you wouldn't have any luck at all. Dude, seriously.....that totally sucks! I hope you're getting all this crap happening to you at once and then you get a few decades of repreive to recover.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Dorsil
2nd Gear Member

Well.. for the mustang, I still do not have the police report.. Im hoping its oging to be done today.

I however decided to just let my insurance roll and get the thing fixxed They are getting a claims person out there asap.

The truck.. no damage.. if anything he made it look better by putting some paint on my tow hitch lol!

I honestly, got out of the truck cause its a full size pickup and was like what the ****.. Did you seriously just hit me while traffic was stopped and creeping at 2-3 miles per hour?..

at this point.. I dont have any more nice cars to wreck...my dad said if i go near his corvette hes disowning me.. and I pray that the truck keeps running it is a beast lol.. so well see if the hat trick goes down in the next few days.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07BLACKGT

That suckssssssssssssssss!
Im so sorry.
I hope you didn't see ethier of these accidents coming in your mirror, because if you did you will be a rear-view mirror driver like me.
It's a hard habit to break! [:@]
When I was 12, my parents got re-ended while I was in the car, and I saw it coming in the side mirror. Took me years before I stopped checking that mirror everytime we were stopped at a light.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Geez, i thought I had bad luck!! I had three accidents in three years. All on the friday before my birthday. I don't get out of bed on that day now.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Bad things happen in threes.....
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

That's unbelievable. If that was me...the second lady would have gotten a beat down.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chain1

That sucks man.
On another note, it pains me to see everyone telling you to sue the **** out of her. She should definitely get a ticket and probably lose her license for a while.Obviously she shouldalso pay for your car and medical expenses and any other expenses you incur due to the accident but it's disheartening that people would use an unfortunate accident as a potential financial windfall. We've all made mistakes (maybe not as stupid as this girls, but that's besides the point.) Good luck with everything.
That's why we all have insurance... you sue the insurance company, not her... yeah its her fault, but the insurance company has much deeper pockets, and they're the ones who issued the policy she has.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

They come in 3's I swear. Sorry to hear about that. At least your truck got the best of this one
Old 11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kngdaka
When I was 12, my parents got re-ended while I was in the car, and I saw it coming in the side mirror. Took me years before I stopped checking that mirror everytime we were stopped at a light.
It's not a bad habit to look in your rear views once in a while. I do it all the time, constantly looking around. Especially when I am at a stand still. Better start doing it again, because if you don't expect it, you can't do anything to actually try to prevent your car from being hit. And sometimes it can even save you from a ticket too...

My dad once pulled out into the grass, and my mom was asking what he was doing... Then a semi rear-ended the car they where sitting in front of... There you go... Also I have a Dutch motorcycle licence (will get a Texas one sometime 2008), and as a motorcyclist you are automatically looking in your mirrors a lot more.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

No prevention help with @ssholes...
If it did, the world wouldbe a perfect place.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended (Car Finished.. advice needed)