Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMR Lower Control Arm (LCA) and Relocation Bracket Installation (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: BMR Lower Control Arm (LCA) and Relocation Bracket Installation (w/pics)

ORIGINAL: slvrstang2007

Dumbquestion but whats a NVH and is it safe to keep off?
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone posts what NVH is for?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: BMR Lower Control Arm (LCA) and Relocation Bracket Installation (w/pics)

NVH= noise, vibration, and harmonics! and it is safe to remove it! (if you have it on your axle).
Old 11-15-2007, 11:59 PM
TacoBill
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1

I am curious about something.
When you installed the relocation brackets wouldn't that make the length where the LCA fit longer?
So how would you get the new LCA to fight right?
I have adjustabled LCAs to install, so if I make them the same length as the orginals how do you fight them in place?

The NVH noise blocks that you removed, how do you know that is what they are for?
I haven't looks to see if my car has them, I am planning on doing some of this work this weekend and I am wondering about any adverse effects from removing them.
Guys, this install was not done on my car, but on a friend's 06 GT, hardtop, Auto.

The factory length LCA's will work on either relo-bracket hole. I know it seems like it shouldn't, but it does.
Your adjustable LCA's can be used to adjust the pinion angle.

I have no idea why his 06 (and not mine or any other 06/07 I've seen) had those big heavy blocksbolted to the axle. Do they have a purpose? I'm sure they do. Can the car function without them? He took them off and it runs fine. I don't have them, and mine runs fine.

My best guess is that they were placed there for NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness). This is/was part of Ford's project to get rid of NVH in the powertrain and drivetrain based on customer feedback. The 2-piece driveshaftwas designed because of this project.

But the question why some 06's came with and without those axle blocks are a mystery to me (and probably Ford [8D]).
Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
TacoBill
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jwgroovin

Quick question: where did you find guidance on using the upper or lower hole in the LCA relocation bracket? You state "Note on which hole to use; If at stock ride height or up to an inch drop (like the Steeda Ultralites), use the TOP hole. If you have more of an aggressive drop, you may want to consider using the LOWER hole. " I have the Steeda springs with 1" drop, but used the lower hole of the LCA. What's the downside, if any?
I don't thing there's a downside if any. Any lowered vehicle can benefit from the use of relo-brackets.

The statement I made is just from what I've gathered here and there. A quick call to BMR techshould answer any questions you may have.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:03 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

why do you have to remove the panhard bar bolt?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alloutt
It looks like the Panhard bolt is used for the reloc bracket
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Great thanks for the info Bill.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
TacoBill
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

ORIGINAL: alloutt
It looks like the Panhard bolt is used for the reloc bracket
Correct, only on the Drivers side bracket.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Ok I'm going to be installing my LCA's today so I was going over what I had to do. First step says

With the car on level ground, mark the rear shock relative to the protective outer sleeve.

How do you get around the tire to make this mark? Am I missing something simple.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Is that step really necessary (especially for non-adjustable control arms)? After all, they swivel and change angles at the bushings when driving anyway.

I didn't do it and it wasn't in the BMR instructions: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/TCA019_22_27.pdf

Quick Reply: BMR Lower Control Arm (LCA) and Relocation Bracket Installation (w/pics)