Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 03:52 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

How to: Install Turn Signal Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:37 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: How to: Install Turn Signal Lamps

I wish I had more mod money but I am tapped for the year and will start again in spring! Hopefully I will get many goodies for the rear suspension for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Haven't seen that yet ...

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Yeah, the stripes were all only temporary. One because I couldn't find a good bodyshop for my car to repaint the doors (stripers cover the paint missing) and two my hood was repainted and has paint cracking... So I put the stripes on until I could afford the new hood and get the handles shaved on both sides. The side stripes are a C stripe and are hard to see lol... The hood is a BMS Superstripe and it is just the hood done. I will most likely be doing dual flat black with a pinstripe painted down the whole car. I get paid tomorrow and will be ordering my new shiny wheels!

-Jeff
Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Looks awsome im going to be getting some clear 1s soon. Did you put a orange bulb in or did you use a different color?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

Looks awsome im going to be getting some clear 1s soon. Did you put a orange bulb in or did you use a different color?
I used the factory bulbs since none were included with the turn signals.

-Jeff
Old 11-15-2007, 09:51 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

ARE YOU SHAVING THE DOORS OR NOT.. ?!?.. doesnt seem liek you to do that..
Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

ARE YOU SHAVING THE DOORS OR NOT.. ?!?.. doesnt seem liek you to do that..
Nope, found an awesome alternative thanks to my new paint solution!

The car will be undergoing an extreme makeover!

-Jeff
Old 04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

I installed these today and i gotta say that cost considered, this is one of the best "look" upgrades. What a difference - I love them.

I also followed great how-to and I'll add a few hints. I have a 2007 so maybe some steps were different? anyway...

1) Turn the wheel outward to remove the fender liner screws and to pull the liner loose. Then turn the wheel inward to remove the stock marker - seems like you get better access to the white prong connectors this way. Then turn the wheel outward again to install the new marker - you get better access reaching the inner tab/slot - and to put the liner back.

2) On the first wheel I removed the 10mm bolts because that's what the instructions said to do but wondered why it was necessary after I got that side done. On the other side I left those bolts in it was fine. Just work the old markers off the white prong connectors, I stuck a small screwdriver in between the fender and the marker to add a little pressure while squeezing the prongs and it was pretty easy working the marker off from there.

3) By far the hardest part was getting the tab on the inside of the marker to slip into the slot. The first side I worked it every which way for minutes then all of a sudden it popped in. On the second side I tried to be more methodical so I could analyze what worked. It still took me 10 mins of fussing and I *think* it worked best by tilting the marker up, setting the bottom of the tab into the bottom of the slot, holding (pinching) it there with one hand while applying inward pressure and rising the other end up, moving the holes on that side toward the prong connectors - it's kind of an up and twist motion.

Good luck.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM
bamaster

Sorry to bump an old thread....

but thanks for this How-To. My front turn signals were not working. Needed to replace them.

Turns out I didn't need to do that. For some reason BOTH of my light harnesses were disconnected. Plugged them back in... voila! they worked.

Just a tip... when your turn signals suddenly begin to blink fast, it could be that the harness is disconnected. Both my signals, left and right, were fast. When I plugged my right signal in, it returned to normal speed, while the left remained fast. Plugged in the left, then it returned to normal speed.

Thanks for the tutorial!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man!!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:47 AM
fireguyty
1st Gear Member

Just an FYI my turn signal bulb only lasted 1.5 years. This was the stangmods one.

Quick Reply: How to: Install Turn Signal Lamps