Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

800HP MONSTER BUILD

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Default 800HP MONSTER BUILD

Please reply with as much of these mods covered with actual part numbers or at least companies that sell them. Offer advice on top of that but offer it along with parts! haha

Also see this post if you know of a good bodyshop near the Florida Panhandle https://mustangforums.com/m_4204081/...tm.htm#4204081

Ok heres my mods that I plan on getting and want some advice on what companies offer the BEST of each and by best I mean within reason no 20,000 dollar driveshafts please

4.6L Stroker Full Longblock Assembly
Preformance Fuel System with High Flow Injectors
Meth Injection Kit
8.8 Rear End with a Detroit Locker
Racing Suspension (see below for what I think I am getting)
Transmission
Charge Motion Control Valve Delete Plate
Headers
Panhard Bar
UDPs
UCAs
LCAs
Cams
Clutch

I plan on installing all at the same time with my upcomming Whipple or KB supercharger within the next 2 months so feel free to tell me other mods I should add and offer help of any kind. The time is aproaching for this huge install that will take my car from 330hp to well over 800 I hope so I would love to get help on figuring out every step and peice of this huge undertaking so I get it right the first time. Thanks again!

Oh I contacted a few shops and the tenative install for this all will be sometime around the 4th of Febuary and will take that whole week. So all input has to be well before that as I am going to start ordering parts ASAP!

Here is the suspension settup I think I am going with....
Steeda Sport Springs
Tokico D-Specs
Steeda HD Strut Mounts
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Rod and Brace

and if I get a HUGE bonus for re-enlisting I hope to get then I will be going with a Griggs Racing Suspension. Will the above suspension be able to handle drag style takeoffs on slicks with a 850hp car?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Going for FI SOON! Need some help!

ORIGINAL: Ortoch

Please reply with as much of these mods covered with actual part numbers or at least companies that sell them. Offer advice on top of that but offer it along with parts! haha

Also see this post if you know of a good bodyshop near the Florida Panhandle https://mustangforums.com/m_4204081/...tm.htm#4204081

Ok heres my mods that I plan on getting and want some advice on what companies offer the BEST of each and by best I mean within reason no 20,000 dollar driveshafts please

4.6L Stroker Full Longblock Assembly--------------------MMR, Livernois, or DSS all are top shelf
Preformance Fuel System with High Flow Injectors--------60 lb ford racing injectors or seimens if you got the cash, GT supercar pumps
Meth Injection Kit-----------------------------------------SNOW performance(summit racing was running a special not too long ago)
8.8 Rear End with a Detroit Locker------------------------For the power your looking at, ditch the 8.8 and go with a 9" & four link rear, 3.55 gears, full slicks on bogart wheels
Racing Suspension (see below for what I think I am getting)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Transmission----------------------------------------------Go with an built AOD auto for best times, and no worries
Charge Motion Control Valve Delete Plate----------------Steeda-----most everyone sells em
Headers--------------------------------------------------Longtubes with O/R H-----mac's are really nice
Panhard Bar----------------------------------------------No worries with custom 4-link
UDPs----------------------------------------------------You don't want these with a supercharger, as it will underdrive the SC and create less boost
UCAs----------------------------------------------------Again, custom 4-link
LCAs----------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cams----------------------------------------------------Stage 4 Comps
Clutch---------------------------------------------------Your choice brand, either stage III or dual disc ceramic

I plan on installing all at the same time with my upcomming Whipple or KB supercharger within the next 2 months so feel free to tell me other mods I should add and offer help of any kind. The time is aproaching for this huge install that will take my car from 330hp to well over 800 I hope so I would love to get help on figuring out every step and peice of this huge undertaking so I get it right the first time. Thanks again!

Diff go intercooled KB at about 20-25lbs of boost to make 800.

Oh I contacted a few shops and the tenative install for this all will be sometime around the 4th of Febuary and will take that whole week. So all input has to be well before that as I am going to start ordering parts ASAP!

Here is the suspension settup I think I am going with....
Steeda Sport Springs
Tokico D-Specs
Steeda HD Strut Mounts
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Rod and Brace

and if I get a HUGE bonus for re-enlisting I hope to get then I will be going with a Griggs Racing Suspension. Will the above suspension be able to handle drag style takeoffs on slicks with a 850hp car?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Hope that helped.

I really cant see the factory style suspension and rear hold that kind of power on any hardlaunch with slicks,thats whyI say to replace it.There is a company that makes bolt-in9" rears, so that may be an option. If youdecide to stick with the 3link style suspension, be sure to get new mounting brackets & weld in extra re-inforcements. You'll need a new driveshaft, and that will have to be a custom unit if you decide toput in a trans that'll handle those power levels(cant see tr-3650 lasting for long)
Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

yah thnx, i was in another thread and they said a 9" rear wouldnt work on this settup for some reason and said the 8.8
Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

I'll try to find who makes the bolt in 9" If you have any MMFF mags laying around, look in there, because someone makes one. The best is to "back-half" the car and install a four link with a 9" diff considering the power levels you are looking for.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:32 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Currie and Moser both make bolt in 9 inch rears for our cars.

Earl
Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

either of you see anything in my build thats missing or not needed for over 800hp?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

oh and I know that I will get the best times with a AOD tranny but I really dont wanna get rid of the manual tranny just wanna upgrade it to a 6 speed. I need a good 6 speed racing tranny besides the viper I hear bad things about that one.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

You forgot something...you need to donate me some money...[&:]

But no, that looks like a good list...this is going to be a drag queen im assuming?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:26 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

CMCV delete will not be needed as the manifold form the blower should eliminate them for you.. Double check with whatever blower vendor you go with... I know for sure that Saleen removes them..

Quick Reply: 800HP MONSTER BUILD