Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

red hot or mellow yellow stang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 06:57 AM
JimmyT

Default red hot or mellow yellow stang?

If this post looks familiar, its because i have it on another site-

this is a long story so i'll keep it short. after visiting countless dealers and spending a lot of time with the new mustang, i finally decided on how i wanted to order it. i decided on the redfire metallic with the IUP and color accent package. i had not seen this color combo in anything but pictures but i knew it would be Hot!! so a couple of days ago i took the long drive to galpin ford to order my new stang. as i entered into the dealership i came face to face with a yellow w/ black stripes. it was customized by galpin with its street scene body kit and borla exhaust. it looked good! i told the dealer i was interested in the red on red and he said he had a torch red with that interior that was returned. (it wasnt the red i wanted but it would at least give me an idea). we headed out to it and my excitement faded. while the pics of the red interior looked amazing it was just to much red for my taste. so after travelling all this way, prepared to order, it realized i had no idea what i wanted. i like the black interior w/ the IUP still but cant decide on the extrior. i want to get black stripes from the dealer but its a toss up between screaming yellow and redire metallic. i have seen the yellow with black stripes but not the red. if anyone is planning on adding black, silver,etc. stripes to their redfire or already has it, would help me a TON if you could post pics. also opinions are extremely welcome.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: red hot or mellow yellow stang?

I bought the 05 GT redfire metalic premium stick, with the standard option Bullet wheels. While I haven't seen an 05 color I don't like, I am very happy with this deeper red. The interior is the gray, or grapite as listed on the sticker. I haven't considered striping her, like I would with black, white, or one of the brighter colors.

I thought I saw a striped refire car in the forums this last month ??

Goodluck with you choice.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12415/8E9350EE6041450AAB39984399EA2FE1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

What is the cost of the stripes?

Thanks!,
later,
Old 03-08-2005, 12:50 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

JimmyT - this might help you out. http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html
SpikeGT
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 PM
2k5pony
1st Gear Member

I think the red and yellow look very "plasticly" <------ not sure if thats a word or not....Anyway the dark red looks pretty good. Obviously I like black. As Mr. H Ford said you can have it in any color so long that it's black
ORIGINAL: JimmyT

this is a long story so i'll keep it short. after visiting countless dealers and spending a lot of time with the new mustang, i finally decided on how i wanted to order it. i decided on the redfire metallic with the IUP and color accent package. i had not seen this color combo in anything but pictures but i knew it would be Hot!! so a couple of days ago i took the long drive to galpin ford to order my new stang. as i entered into the dealership i came face to face with a yellow w/ black stripes. it was customized by galpin with its street scene body kit and borla exhaust. it looked good! i told the dealer i was interested in the red on red and he said he had a torch red with that interior that was returned. (it wasnt the red i wanted but it would at least give me an idea). we headed out to it and my excitement faded. while the pics of the red interior looked amazing it was just to much red for my taste. so after travelling all this way, prepared to order, it realized i had no idea what i wanted. i like the black interior w/ the IUP still but cant decide on the extrior. i want to get black stripes from the dealer but its a toss up between screaming yellow and redire metallic. i have seen the yellow with black stripes but not the red. if anyone is planning on adding black, silver,etc. stripes to their redfire or already has it, would help me a TON if you could post pics. also opinions are extremely welcome.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:03 PM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

I have a torch red one with the red leather interior. I love it!! I also think the the red fire looks kinda bad on these, it kinda mkes them look cheap just like the dark blue (which IMHO looks purple).
Old 03-08-2005, 04:58 PM
JimmyT

SpikeGT, so far that is the best info anyone has given me on my decision. i liked the redfire with black stripes, and the silver stripes might even look good.( i am not interested in the white stripes) but i would have to see them in person. thx for your help.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:33 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

As for the cost of dealer added stripes....My dealer charged me $100. How could I pass it up?
Old 03-08-2005, 06:11 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Plasticly??? .. that hurts [sm=chairshot.gif]

ORIGINAL: 2k5pony

I think the red and yellow look very "plasticly" <------ not sure if thats a word or not....Anyway the dark red looks pretty good. Obviously I like black. As Mr. H Ford said you can have it in any color so long that it's black

Old 03-08-2005, 06:14 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

SpikeGT, so far that is the best info anyone has given me on my decision. i liked the redfire with black stripes, and the silver stripes might even look good.( i am not interested in the white stripes) but i would have to see them in person. thx for your help.
Go with gold stripes on the redfire. I am you can get them somewhere.

Quick Reply: red hot or mellow yellow stang?