Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cloning Begins!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Paratrooper82nd
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cloning Begins!

just stay motivated!! Once you are done you can go strut your ride!!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Pics Pics Pics...your car is black and I want to see this conversion in black Black Mustangs FTW!!! lol...jk guys of other colors
Old 01-30-2008, 07:53 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Larmo

Most of the caris together. I have to finish the wiring and then attach the lower splitter. Speaking of which, what hardware did you use for the splitter?

Pics should be ready this afternoon... FINALLY
Pep Boys did the trick for me...
Regular flat clips with sheet metal screws that have big washers. Use something with 7mm head for good torque, not Philips head.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Finally finished the front end about9 pm last night (started at 2pm). I'll get some pics up shortly but here are some updates:

1. Figured out the wiring on the fogs. Used the outer two wires and it worked perfectly. Grounded the third wire to the car body to be safe. No issues but I'm going to keep my eye on it.

2. For the front splitter, I bought simple 1" x 1/4" bolts, washers, and lock washers at Lowe's. Works like a charm, although its challenging to attach in the wheel-well area. If you have smaller hands you might have more luck in this area, but I do not so it was challenging.

3. I was sick and tired of using the OEM jack, so I bought a 2 1/4 ton hydraulic jack at Lowes. Makes life sooo much easier I can't believe I didn't buy one sooner. Highly recommended.

4. My stock GT hood is having a hard time closing all the way now. Not sure why. With a little pressure it catches, but something isn't aligned somewhere. I'm not overly concerned because my GT500 hood is already on its way and should be hereearly next week.

Thanks for all your help guys, especially MellowYellow06 who even called me and walked me through some details of the conversion. What a great group of guys. I will get pictures up very soon.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:03 AM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

Soon as in right now! If you weren't finished, I was gonna head out to Charlotte and give you an extra pair of hands. I'm in the Raleigh area! If your pics convince me, I might have to do the same thing
What kind of price did you get?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07BeastGT

Soon as in right now! If you weren't finished, I was gonna head out to Charlotte and give you an extra pair of hands. I'm in the Raleigh area! If your pics convince me, I might have to do the same thing
What kind of price did you get?
hehehe... thanks I managed to get her on. You are more than welcome to come take a look in person. If there's one thing I've learned its that pictures do not do this conversion justice. The pictures all look great but once you see it in person you will fall in love. Looks amazing in person.

If you are local, I can connect you to the guy that put my kit together. The cost he gave me was the absolute bestI have found anywhere, and I researched it for months. So if you want this kit and you are relatively local to Charlotte, get in touch with me.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

So I wasn't too far off on the fog wiring... Good to know.
Joe is aone of a kindand he also helped me on the phone when I did mine.

Now about them pics...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Still no pics...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
gjs14
2nd Gear Member

sweet! it will look hot with the gt500 front I'm Cloning a shelby gt now, it was alot lower in price to do.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

My conversion in black.

Quick Reply: Cloning Begins!