Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT VS WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Loomis
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT VS WRX STI

You shouldnt have been able to take him, maybe he doesnt know how to drive what he has. But hey good job!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: V8 Aggie

Ok sorry guys, I dont have a vid of me vs the wrx b/c we didn't race at the track. However I will get a vid in a week or 2 cause I am going back. I just got a few cool vids of some races. There are 2, 5.0 stangs and one with nitrous racing eachother and they got pretty good times. It is only an1/8 mile track.

Hey martin, we were doing 30 mph, his car will kill you off the line but as long as there is room you will spank him.
I mean he does have all wheel drive and not to mention lite as hell.

As for how fast we were going before we stopped it was about 75 or 80. happened in an instant. lol

anyone want to host the 5.0 vid?

there is also a guy on a gas powered scooter that dipped his rear tire and did a burn out then raced a truck. funny as hell
Good kill but If you kept going and gave his turbo a chance to spool he probably would've spanked you (over 100).
Old 03-29-2005, 01:32 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

yeah theres no way that the sti was driven anywhere close to its potential. i got a friend that with a dumped exhaust (right after the downpipe) some hoosier drags and increased boost ran a 12.5XX.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:53 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

when talking about street racing from a roll do not talk about 1/4 mile times. They don't even count in the slightest. The most important part of drag racing is your launch not your cars power. From a roll traction is much less of an issue, the WRX vs. GT Mustang will be a lot closer from a roll than from a light. That STi would probably be a close race top end because it is lighter and probably does have more power but it does have AWD which takes away from a vehicles acceleration when traction is not an issue. Likely you beat him because of something other than your car is faster than his in this race. Aka turbo lag or he didn't react as quick, things driver related in combination with the turbo engine that he didn't consider. Also I was available for the Sport Compact Pro sponsorship- that thing is a joke and a scam. They require a $50 contracting fee, they give you a certain percentage off of the price of specific products from Sport Compact Pro's distributers. Their distributers mark up their prices higher than they can sell them for. I did alot of research on this because I was considering doing it myself. You actually spend more money with their sponsorship buying the same parts than if you would shop around for a distributor who actually cares about the import scene and wishes to make parts readily available to the people while still making only a minor profit. Or a distributor focused on bulk sales instead of initial profits. So don't rub it in, but don't be impressed by his so called sponsorship, he got ripped off.