Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove rear speakers??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:51 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

Too funny. This exact same thing happened on StangNet a week ago - I didn't notice I was responding to a 5-month old question - one of the mods was laffin' at me for doing so, and right after I gave the "d'oh!" response, someone else followed up to the 5-month old question.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:17 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Yup, it seems that this is "nail in the coffin" for walking behind the short bus for me!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:32 AM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Well, I'll enjoy the walk behind the short bus with you then. This makes twice I've brought back a dead thread to provide answers that have long ago lost relevance.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:43 PM
baltimucho

Well, I'm glad some of you got answers from this resurrected thread... But I'd still like to know how to remove the rear deck panel without tearing it in half. =)
Old 05-28-2005, 02:48 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

I can't really answer that one, as I had all the work on mine performed at my favorite shop (although that's an answer in itself).
Old 05-28-2005, 03:00 PM
baltimucho

I found this on another forum...

"First, make sure you have the torx bit set. My suggestion is also to get one of those ratcheting wrenches. The torx bit screws for the rear speakers are in a tight spot. Follow these steps:
- Remove door step plates
- Remove Bench rear seat and both seat backs.
- Remove rear side plastic covers (where the rear seatbelts go though) these are tough. you need to unseat them by pulling towards front of car then towards the center of the car. There are at least 6 clips holding it in in different positions) DO ANY kind of work you want to do now to the back as these are a P.I.T.A.
- once you get the side covers off, there are 2 push-clips on each side of the rear deck lid carpeting. Pry these out gently. I suggest buying some at lowes. You can find them in the speciatly fasteners. they are never the same once you pull them out once.
- the entire rear deck lid cover slides out easily
- the speakers are easily accessable now. you will see why you need the small tools now.
- HINT.. you cannot see the speaker screws at all from inside the car because its such a tight space. get yourself a mirror and place on the outside rear glass facing in. you can work from the mirror alot easier!"

Looks like my Saturday will be fun-filled!
Old 05-28-2005, 03:55 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: baltimucho

I found this on another forum...

"First, make sure you have the torx bit set. My suggestion is also to get one of those ratcheting wrenches. The torx bit screws for the rear speakers are in a tight spot. Follow these steps:
- Remove door step plates
- Remove Bench rear seat and both seat backs.
- Remove rear side plastic covers (where the rear seatbelts go though) these are tough. you need to unseat them by pulling towards front of car then towards the center of the car. There are at least 6 clips holding it in in different positions) DO ANY kind of work you want to do now to the back as these are a P.I.T.A.
- once you get the side covers off, there are 2 push-clips on each side of the rear deck lid carpeting. Pry these out gently. I suggest buying some at lowes. You can find them in the speciatly fasteners. they are never the same once you pull them out once.
- the entire rear deck lid cover slides out easily
- the speakers are easily accessable now. you will see why you need the small tools now.
- HINT.. you cannot see the speaker screws at all from inside the car because its such a tight space. get yourself a mirror and place on the outside rear glass facing in. you can work from the mirror alot easier!"

Looks like my Saturday will be fun-filled!

OK.. right...

I would use delurker's method. Much easier. LOL