Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Starter Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:24 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Default Remote Starter Help

I cannot get my door locks to work with my remote starter. The only wires I have that have to do with the doors have the following description.
Wire 1 Passenger Unlock Output (-) 500mA. Connect to relay to unlock the passenger doors when the system is configured for Driver Priority Unlocking. Currently I am not using this wire.
Wire 2 Positive Door Input (+) Connect to the door switch circuit wire that shows +12V when the door is open. Not using this one either.
Wire 3 Negative Door Input (-). Connect to the door switch circuit that shows ground when the door is open. I using this one. I had this same system in another Ford and it was the wire I had to use.

Ford wires to use:
Wire 1 Power Unlock (-) dk blue/lt grn or yellow/red Location: SJB blk 26 pin plug, pin 1 or 5. Currently not using.
Wire 2 Power Lock (-) wht/prpl or orange/blk Location: SJB blk 26 ping plug pin 3 or 8. Currently not using.
Wire 3 Lock Motor (5wi) red/orange Location: DKP or SJB blk 5 pin plug, pin 3. Currently not using.
Wire 4 Unlock Motor (5wi) yellow Location DKP or SJB blk 5 pin plug, pin 1. Currently not using.
wire 5 Door Trigger (-) (use done supervsion wire) lt green/yellow SJB gray 26 ping plug, pin 25 I'm using this one.

Can anyone tell me what wires I need to connect from my remote start to which Ford wires from the above info?

Also what do I use for the "ground when running" wire on my remote start key bypass? I have a wire for keysense at the ignition harness (lt green/Purple) Is that the one I'm suppose to use?

Currently the car will remote start if I hold the key next to the ignition.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Remote Starter Help

Alright man, today's your lucky day. I just got a job at an alarm installing place. I installed a python 990 alarm remote start in my car-07 mustang gt. I didn't get much help from the forums here, I guess most people don't know about alarms and stuff. Anyways. For the Driver door unlock Use the -dark blue/green wire in the sjb black 26 pin plug, pin #1. You have to take the plastic side panel completely off the passenger side of the car, use a 10 mm deep socket to remove the nut holding the black sjb down...now twist it around..the wires you need are on the back of the sjb...smart junction box if your wondering. Connect that wire to your alarms - door unlock wire. usually its a lt. blue wire. Now for the passenger side use the alarms -door lock wire usually its green. to the cars -white/violet wire in sjb blk 26 pin plug pin #3. You do not need a relay for these..just directly connect the wires.

Now for the door triggers you do need diodes use a 1n4001 you can get them at radioshack...you need 2, 1 for each door trigger. Connect from your alarm the +door trigger output wire usually +violet wire to the cars driver door trigger, its a lt.green/black wire in sjb black 26 pin plug, pin 2. Use the diode with the band facing the alarm, this prevents the bcm from sending a signal to the alarming making it false(go off) every 20 mins. For the passenger door in the car its a yellow/lt. green wire in sjb black 26 pin plug, pin 6. Same thing add a diode band facing the alarm wire. So you will have 2 diodes sticking up from the cars wires...connect those together with a spare wire on their tops, then connect the alarms wire to the middle of the wire connecting the two diodes. Very simple.

Another thing you might consider is dome supervision. You have to use a relay for it. the car it a - lt. green/yellow wire in sjb gray 26 pin plug, pin 25. Relay should be a 4 pin relay from radioshack or wherever. wired like this 86 to 12v constant power, 85 to -black/white alarm wire or whatever color your dome super wire is,87 to -lt green/yellow car wire, and 30 to a good ground. Now when you lock your car the domelight will turn off, and when you unlock it, it will turn on.
You don't usethe -orange ground when armed or running wire. Any other ?'s pm me..I have all the answers and am more than willing to help out.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:20 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

I didn't read the whole post, cause wow its a lot, haha... But I got my remote start done by a shop, ( its a crimestopper system ) but they told me that there was some fiber optic wiring in there they couldn't splice into or something, so he had to order two different modules. One was to allow the doors to lock and unlock with the alarm system, the other was a module that held my spare key to be able to start the car, I guess becuase of the chip in our keys. Not sure if that helps, but he said the modules were required for everything to work right. Oh and I dont think it was b.s. because he didn't charge me for either, even though he said they were about $80 a piece.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:42 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Luckydawg. Yeah I have had the sjb out cause I have a few other accs I wired to the alram. Everything else seems to work fine except the locks but I'm gonna go try wiring it up like you said. What exactly do the triggers do?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-15-2008, 10:30 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

I'm an idiot, I forgot that I had another harness on my alarm that had the door lock and unlike stuff. Anyways I got it hooked up and the doors lock and unlock. I don't have the door triggers hooked up right now. Its kind of nice this system lights the dash and parking lights up but when you open the door the cars buzzer is on like when you leave the lights on. They go off in a couple of seconds but the buzzer is going to get old real fast. Any suggestions?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

you need the door triggers hooked up, thats how the alarm will go off if someone breaks into your car. wire it up like I said and it will work. As for the lights turning on, its called parking light flash. So you have it hooked up if say your alarm goes off they will intermittenly blink on and off. As far as the buzzer is it doing it when you leave the key in the ignition? thats the only thing I can think of, cause the alarm shouldn't be hooked up to any car door chimes. Let me know if you hooked up any wires for that?
Old 03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Ok everything is hooked up and working. The only problem I am having is the parking lights and the light buzzer. Currently when I unlock through the remote starter the parking lights come on for about a minute which I like. Howerver they also turn the dash lighs on and the car thinks I've left the light switch on until they go off. This cause the buzzer to go off. I need to find a wire to turn the parking lighs on without the car thinking I've left the switch on. Any suggestions? In the meantime I'm just going to leave that wire unconnected. I'll try to post the wiring connections I made later tonight in case any one else needs it in the future. Now the fun job of hiding the wires and putting everything back togather. BTW I used the relay like previously posted and the diodes but I don't think I had to use them becase the dome light was working correctly before. Oh well I guess it is extra insurance. The diodes also didn't effect anything but I never waited 20 mins to see if the alarm went off or not so I guess that is insurance also.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-16-2008, 11:22 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Remote Starter POL Factory Wire POL Location
Main Power Input A + 12 V lt grn/prpl + ignition harness
Main Power Input B + Positive battery terminal
Accessory Output + Accs blk/pink + ignition harness
Ignition Output + Ignition wht/yellow + ignition harness
Starter Output + Starter dk grn + ignition harness
Brake Input + Brake Wire lt. grn + SJB gry 36 plug pin16
Tach Input Any coil or injector wire except Red
Dome Light Output – Dome Supervision lt grn/ylow + SJB gry 26 plug pin 25 (see LuckyDogs relay) +12V
Ignition Input Ignition wht/ylow + ignition harness
Passenger Unlock Output – Power Unlock dk bl/lt grn – SJB blk 26 plug pin 1
Ground When Running – Ground when running wire on securlock bypass
Ground Input – Chassis ground Module
Power Input + Positive battery terminal
Positive Door Input + lt grn/blk SJB blk 26 plug pin 2 (see LuckyDogs diode)
Factory Disarm Output – Factory Alarm Disarm lt blu/blk - SBJ blk 26 plug pin 9
Factory Rearm Output – Factory Alarm Arm lt blu/pink – SBJ blk 26 plug oin18
Auxillary 1 Output – Trunk Release wht/prpl - SBJ blk 52 plug pin 13
Parking Light Output – Parking Lights blk/grn – SJB blu 52 plug pin 31
Horn Output - Horn Trigger dk blu - SJB blu 52 plug pin 39
Securlock Factory Wiring
Ground when Running Ground when Running on remote strater module
Ground Chassis Ground
+12 Volts 12V lt grn/prpl + ignition harness
Ignition Input Pin 1 Transponder Connector
ECM TX Pin 3 Transponder Connector
ECM RX Pin 4 Transponder Connector

This is my current wiring setup. The problems I have are the parking lights and the car buzzer as noted earlier in thread. I did not use a hood pin switch (will add that in the future). The other problem is my secrulock is not saving my key code. I can program it will start once but not any more. It is a director electronics 1100F. Any info on the lights or securlock is greatly appreciated. [align=left] [/align]
Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Ok everything looks good. Except the cars dome supervision wire is - and you have it labeled + so just change that. The reason you need the relay is because the alarm does not have enough power to power the dome lights.The reason you have a problem with the parking lights is you need to change the pin on the actual alarm brain. Mine had a little black pin that I had to remove and move over to the next pin that was open. Its on the actual alarm brain. Yours might be different though so read your book manual. The car buzzer I have no clue man. Make sure you hook up a hood pin, you have to run the wire through a grommet in the firewall, same with the siren wires. I mounted my siren on the driver side fender area..same with the hood pin. I'll take a picture and post it up later for you. As far as the securilock bypass module. I'm not familliar with that one, but you need to use both keys to program it, just using one key twice will not work. Make sure you got the right 12v wire at the ignition harness. Its a +lt. green/violet wire, their are 2 of these wires, one is 12v the other is keysense. You probably have keysense tagged. Check it with a Digital Multimeter. I accidently tagged the keysense wire when I did mine, took me a lot of testing to figure out I tagged the wrong wire. Since both are in the same ignition harness and same color.

Make sure all your connections are soldered especially the satellite relay wires(remote start wires, like starter, 12v, ign. etc.)

Any other ?'s just Pm Me.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:06 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Sorry the dome light supervision polarity was a typo. I am using negative polarity. I made sure the switch in my starter was negative polarity for the parking lights but the dash lights are still coming on when I unlock the car and it still chimes like the lights are left on. Also I am using the 12V source off of the ignition harness and not the keysense. Securilock will still only remembering the code for only one remote start and then I have to program it again. I am using both keys to program it.
It is wired as:
Securilock: Remote starter:
Ground when running blu/orange ground when running

Car harness:
Ground Chassis Ground
12V lt grn/purple 12v ignition harness
Ignition Input red/white transponder connector
ECM TX white/green transponder connector
ECM RX gray/orange transponder connector

Unless anyone has any other wiring suggestions then I will leave the parking light wire unhooked as I can live with them not lighting up when I unlock/lock the car. I may also need a suggestion on a different securilock instad of the 1100F since I cannot get it to remeber the key code.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Remote Starter Help