Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light / What the dealer told me... am I getting hosed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:01 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Check Engine Light / What the dealer told me... am I getting hosed?

you can all ways drive it over to caspers house [sm=icon_quiet.gif]
Old 04-17-2005, 12:27 AM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

I actually pulled the battery cable earlyier (before I read the post that suggested I not do that)... and left it off for a bit...

no code once I hooked it back up, so I'm guessing it was just some emmissions thing...

if the code comes back, I'll take it to the dealer and have it checked out...
Old 04-17-2005, 11:01 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

I actually pulled the battery cable earlyier (before I read the post that suggested I not do that)... and left it off for a bit...

no code once I hooked it back up, so I'm guessing it was just some emmissions thing...

I don't recommend doing that in the future because if something was intermitent then you would not know what just f'd up. The dealer may not get it to reproduce the same code while they have it and you'll be spending a lot of trips back and forth. My car has been at the dealer 4 weeks straight and they still don't know whats wrong with mine even with the code. You need to give them all the info you can so clearing the code is not a good idea. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:05 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

4 weeks straight!???
I would be in a straight jacket!

Start the paper work on the lemon law, and make sure they know you are doing it!
Old 04-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: td1320

I don't recommend doing that in the future because if something was intermitent then you would not know what just f'd up. The dealer may not get it to reproduce the same code while they have it and you'll be spending a lot of trips back and forth. My car has been at the dealer 4 weeks straight and they still don't know whats wrong with mine even with the code. You need to give them all the info you can so clearing the code is not a good idea. Just my 2 cents worth.
Lemon law....
Old 04-18-2005, 08:09 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Lemon law....

They called today and at first they said if something doesn't get settled soon I could be in a new car no money changing hands. They called this afternoon and said they are putting an engine in it. I thought in order to quallify for the Lemon Law they had to try to fix it three times for the same fault. Mine has been in for 4 weeks plus straight.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
jelam
2nd Gear Member

my cousin bout a mountainer (it's not a mustang but shows what can happen) it ran fine for a while and thay sold it to my grandpa because he needed a car that got good gas milege as soon as my grandpa got it the stupid thing messed up. they have had it for almost a year total trying to fix it so be careful if your check engine light comes on
Old 04-18-2005, 11:12 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

why is this post going on?? ahahah [sm=yeahsmile.gif]