Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking about buying a Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
CrazyDriver21

Default I'm thinking about buying a Mustang!

I'm going to get my first car this summer and I'm trying deciding if I should buy the Mustang or the Mustang GT? Is it worth the extra money you would spend owning a V8 or would it be better to get a V6 and save money on gas? Have there been any problems with the 2005 Mustangs? I know the Mustang is an awesome car to drive but is it an every day car since I will be driving it every day? What will the 2006 Mustang have that the 2005 Mustang doesn't have and when do the 2006 Mustangs come out?

Thanks for the advice!

I would love to have a Mustang but I'm trying to decide if it’s the right car for me.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:05 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm thinking about buying a Mustang!

First car, screen name CrazyDriver, ummmm, and you need to ask whether you will like the power/car?

The car is awesome whether it be the v6 or v8. Insurance for a young person will be expensive irrespective of where you live. As far as gas goes, the car is supposed to get 19/24 in the v8 model.

I love the car, and I think that anyone that has one will say the same thing. The little problems with the car are far outweighed by being able to drive the car and not every new 'stang has the problems. If the car does have some, warranty covers it all.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Both are excllent cars. I assume that since this is your first car that you are an inexperienced driver. You need to ask youself a few questions. Please don't take this wrong but that GT is no slouch and you need to respect it. It's too much car for an inexperienced driver. On the other hand if you are accustomed to driving powerful cars you might really enjoy it. BTW, A Civic with NOS and a fart can is NOT a powerful car.
The V6 model is still a really, really nice car, gets better mileage and still has more than enough go for most people. If this is your first I would suggest the V6. You can always make changes to it if you decide you want more power.
If you do get the GT treat it with respect. Don't assume you can "handle it" with no previous driving experience. These cars are deceiving. The GT feels at 100 mph like most cars do at 60. It doesn't take long to get there and at those speeds stupid things happen (like idiots pulling out in front of you, ect) a LOT faster.
Best of luck!

Also... I assume you atre smarter than I was when I got my first vehicle. I damned near died in that thing a few times and it was a lot less powerfull than an 05 Mustang GT!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:20 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

screw it.. if you got the money do it.. just buckle up!!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

I should have been so lucky as a kid and getting my first car. My first car, in 1967 was a 1962 Ford Falcon, six cylinder, three speed shifter on the column. No radio. I had a portable AM radio sitting on the dash board (taped to the dashboard) for music. I did buy fake wire wheel hubcaps and taped a red racing stripe down the drivers side (car was antique white - don't know the official name of the color). It was very cool for it's day and I went through three clutches, even with that weak 4-cylinder motor. I used to pop that clutch all the time. Regular gas was 19-cents a gallon, ha ha. Wow. You are one lucky dude, man.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

Get a GT. Don't let these 6 cyl guys convince you to go otherwise.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:45 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

you can have 300hp and have the hot chicks or have the v6 and pick up fat chicks. (not a good rhyme)
Old 04-18-2005, 11:51 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Most people who aren't car nuts cant tell the difference anyways. Chicks or not.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:07 AM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

I am 34 years old and have 2 speeding tickets in my life; 1 at 16. I do not have a lead foot, but the GT has me in the 80-90 range consistently on the highway. Anything less seems like I am crawling. The car drives great, but the speed is definitely something to watch out for in the GT.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:42 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

haha.. work with me here 281GT .. we always need another GT brother on line. .. the more the better.. were a family now

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about buying a Mustang!