Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 Discs in the Shaker 500, Best Method?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

Default MP3 Discs in the Shaker 500, Best Method?

This has probably been answered before but couldn't find anything in my search. What is the best method to burn MP3 files to disc so that I can cram the full 700mb onto a disc that will actually play in my Shaker 500? I have Win XP on the computer and tried to burn an MP3 disc using the Windows XP drag and drop but it forces me to go to Windows Media Player. So if I make a "data disc" of MP3s the Shaker 500 won't read it. Any thoughts?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:11 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: MP3 Discs in the Shaker 500, Best Method?

not sure if win media can burn mp3s.. your better off getting nero express or something like that for burning.. you just want to drag all the files to the main directory and finalize the burn.. no multi session.. you should be good to go.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:18 AM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

Shouldn't I be able to just use Windows Explorer and drag and drop the MP3s straight to the CD and burn it? Why does it force me to make a data-own CD or forces me to go thru Windows Media Player to make a "music CD"? I'll look into some other software like you suggest but damn I hate to think I will have to spend more money on software to make this work. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:00 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

dude.. just download kazaa lite, or emule and get anything you need.. just make sure your virus scanner is on.. or just get what you want and kill it after. nero is one of the best.. try this http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html free trial.. I think media player will record cda files not mp3s.. its been a while.. but I dont think it will
Old 04-27-2005, 03:07 AM
capin

Rabid, hit me up on AIM allstargml06 or MSN allstargml06@hotmail.com.

I have the full version of Nero (best cd making utility imo) and I'll send it to you.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:29 AM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

Capin, must of missed you. will shoot you an email and appreciate the help.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

use nero and burn the mp3's as a "mp3 disc"..i usually just put them all on there one after another and have my shaker use shuffle..make sure you dont use multi session disc..if you do you can put more songs on later but the program wont finalize the cd and you wont have the index table and then the shaker wont be able to play the mp3's because it wont know where each file is located
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 AM
sam_abuelsamid

ORIGINAL: RabidCharlie

This has probably been answered before but couldn't find anything in my search. What is the best method to burn MP3 files to disc so that I can cram the full 700mb onto a disc that will actually play in my Shaker 500? I have Win XP on the computer and tried to burn an MP3 disc using the Windows XP drag and drop but it forces me to go to Windows Media Player. So if I make a "data disc" of MP3s the Shaker 500 won't read it. Any thoughts?
I would recommend itunes. In the preferences go to the burning tab and select mp3 cd. Then create a play list and drag all the songs that you want to burn to the cds to the playlist. Then select the playlist and the browse button at the top right of itunes will change to a burn button. Click the burn button and itunes will prompt you to insert a blank disk. It wll then start burning. If the list is larger than the capacity of the disk it will automatically span disks. It will fill the first disk and ask you for another disk. It will continue until the playlist is completed. As long as you use cd-r (not cd-rw) these play great in the shaker.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:39 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

nero and itunes and easycd creator all burn the same way..a mp3 disc is a mp3 disc no matter what program it is burned in cause the cd burners are all made the way and the programs all do the same thing basically which is they control the burner..i've never tried a cd-rw in my shaker 1000 yet
Old 04-27-2005, 02:05 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

I've burned MP3 discs with both Nero and iTunes and they both work the same, but in the Track listing mode in the Shaker, it will only show me the track name. If I set it to title or album or artist, it's always blank. Weird, but the track names work fine for me so that's good enough.

I arrange all my MP3s into folders for each album. That way it's easier for me to navigate if I'm looking for a certain album or track.

Quick Reply: MP3 Discs in the Shaker 500, Best Method?