Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP !!!! v8 Sounds like lawn mower

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
mustang07gt

Default HELP !!!! v8 Sounds like lawn mower

Hey guys, I have a 2007 Mustang Gt (manual) and today I was driving home, I switch from first gear to second gear @ around 3500 rpm and all of a sudden it sounded really bad and I lost alot of power. Then as fast as it happened it went away and I regained all my power a block down the street. YOu may ask why did'nt i pull over and shut the car off....well in this city easier said then done I was on a bridge in a traffic jam in the middle lane. Also the gear shift was shaking pretty rough. Any help would be appreciated !! It seems to be fine now, but what caused it ??? Thanks Again guys and girls !
Old 06-28-2008, 01:11 AM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

Default RE: HELP !!!! v8 Sounds like lawn mower

Can't help as I'm new to the Mustang world myself...I have noticed on a few occasions that my car seems to loose power for unknown reasons. For example, cruising down the freeway at a constant 75mph or so for a long period of time and then traffic comes to slow crawl. I downshift into the lower gears and as traffic begings to pick back up speed I step on the gas pedal (usually happens in 2nd gear) and my car sputters and feels as if it wants to stall. AndNO it wasn't from me being in the wrong gear and the RPM's not being correct, been driving manual's since I was a kid, I'm now 40.After that, the car runs fine. I can take off fast, slow, it really doesn't matter. It seems to me that it only happens after traveling at the same speed or close to the same speed for a considerable amount of time.

Another examplehas happened twice at the same exit off the freeway. Again, after traveling at a constant speed of 75mph or so on the freeway following the flow of traffic, I take my exit to go home. I exit the freeway, get to the intersection and I make my right hand turn and give it gasto go, again usually in 2nd gear by this time. My car looses power and feels like it wants to stall. After that it is fine and I have no more problems. It doesn't always do it so i'm not sure what the issue is.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:15 AM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

DADZRYD, what you described is a textbook (so-to-speak) case of the fuel pump problem. Take it to the dealership with the fuel pump TSB.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:20 AM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sailing220

DADZRYD, what you described is a textbook (so-to-speak) case of the fuel pump problem. Take it to the dealership with the fuel pump TSB.
Since it's a TSB do they automatically fix the problem or does the car have to exibit the problem for them to fix it? You know how that goes, they are never ever able to duplicate the issues that you have when you bring your car in for a service issue.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:25 AM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

I think they have to duplicate it, but depending on how reasonable your dealership is they might take your word for it if they've experienced problems with the same TSB before.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:28 AM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

I think they have to duplicate it, but depending on how reasonable your dealership is they might take your word for it if they've experienced problems with the same TSB before.
Ok thanks for the info...
Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I don't think they have to duplicate it. When I took my car in a about 6 mths ago for the moan/groan during low speed turining, I just described the problem and the tech advisor knew what I was refering to. Didn't need to duplicate the problem, the ford garage fixed the TSB.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:36 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You cant just put the old tune in and it sounds like the new tune doesnt include the CMDPs as it is
Old 06-28-2008, 09:20 AM
starman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DADZRYD

Ok thanks for the info...
Most dealerships are now aware of it. When I had mine replaced with the new fuel pump a year ago, I "called" the service manager told him of the TSB and he ordered the part without ever seeing the car. He called me when it came in and within an hour I was done.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You cant just put the old tune in and it sounds like the new tune doesnt include the CMDPs as it is
LOL - repiled to the wrong threadI believe.

Quick Reply: HELP !!!! v8 Sounds like lawn mower