Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People are such Jerks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: People are such Jerks!!!!

ORIGINAL: chain1

ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

I have a "pocket" digital camera I always carry. When I must park in an unprotected place, I snap a picture of the cars next to me, and of both sides of the car where it might get dinged by doors. Never needed to use the photos yet, but it's cost-free, and not that inconvenient, relative to the potential value.
Am I the only one that finds that kind of sad? Also, what will you do with the pictures if there is a ding? Police have better things to do than review pictures of cars that may or may not have dinged another cars door!!
lol
Yes, it is sad on several levels. The picture-taking is just in case they happen to be looking, and might be motivated to exercise a little more care than usual. And I reckon even you could imagine a circumstance when the photos might actually be useful.

lol

Old 07-17-2008, 07:53 AM
bg_lee
1st Gear Member

One door ding...$1200
two Valum, three tylenol and a shot of Jack Daniels...$50
Letting the air out of the ******* that dinged ya's tires...priceless....non permanent/non criminalrelief

Some of you guys need to take a major chill pill...just rememeber MF = friend...we feel your pain...if we are reading your story and are a true Stanger we get pissed when your car gets dinged too...and we jiz a little when you get that supercharger tuned just right, or get a sweet lookin add on that we would kill for...WHY CAN'T WE MF'ers ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Matrix

Back in 87I got my first new car, an 87 Shelby Daytona turbo. I loved that car and yes i spanked many a 5.0 at the time. AnywayI park at the University of Md. bookstore. I come out and immediately see a big *** ding on my drivers door.I can see that it came from the car next to me by the orientation and the exchange of paint. I cant tell you how mad I was. So what do I do? I take out my keys and drag them down the side of the car! ThenI get in my car to leave and I see it. There is a note on my windshield. The note was from a college girl and was very apologetic and gave all her info. Yes I felt like a complete Jackass. I then left becauseI felt like such a retard that I did not know what else to do. 20 years later I still feel like an ***.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:02 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I've never done it in my entire life. Always keep my hand in between the door and the other car if I am close. You are an ******* if you do it any other way.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Mark25
1st Gear Member

The simple solution is to have a "daily driver" that you can park in public lots, movie theaters, etc., for long periods of time and not worry about the other idiots out there. For those places, I drive the Blazer and I have an excellent relatioship with my Dentwizard Tech (whom I've used for the past 12 years). People are basically jeolous and don't care about their cars...maybe in the year 2225 there will be a "force field" invented to protect your "flying car."
Old 07-17-2008, 10:29 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matrix

Back in 87I got my first new car, an 87 Shelby Daytona turbo. I loved that car and yes i spanked many a 5.0 at the time. AnywayI park at the University of Md. bookstore. I come out and immediately see a big *** ding on my drivers door.I can see that it came from the car next to me by the orientation and the exchange of paint. I cant tell you how mad I was. So what do I do? I take out my keys and drag them down the side of the car! ThenI get in my car to leave and I see it. There is a note on my windshield. The note was from a college girl and was very apologetic and gave all her info. Yes I felt like a complete Jackass. I then left becauseI felt like such a retard that I did not know what else to do. 20 years later I still feel like an ***.
Wow that sucks man..... I would have to agree. I would feel like the biggest *** in the world too. So you never contacted her? Lol
Old 07-17-2008, 02:09 PM
ROCKET32

First of all, Boomer123 your car is sick. Second, I am sorry to hear everyone's terrible experiences. I have one to share: About 4 years ago, I drove to a bigrag race. I had a 95 GT at the time that I had done tons of visual things to, no engine mods. One of the appearance mods just so happened to be some projector headlights and clear corners I paid over $300 for. We finish watching the race, come out to my car, headlights are gone!

The race was about 4 hours away from my house and I had to drive home with just the wire hanging out the front that had the bulb still attached. Talk about people having no respect.

But, there honestly was nothing I could do about it, except just accept the fact those brand new headlights were just taken from me.

Just thought I would share that..
Old 07-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Probably some other person that was taking there kids to Busch Gardens with a few very excited kids in the back fired up and couldnt wait to get out of the car and into the park. I have kids as well and know how they can be and always have to tell them watch out when you are opening your door. It happens and although I would also be mad I would move on. Love my car but no matter where I park it some way it is going to get hit by something or even better I will probably smash it into the garage wall, or hit a curb or or or... It doesnt pay to get stressed..
Old 07-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Vicious GT
1st Gear Member

There are a few places where one can be assured their car will be damaged or missing upon their return. Chuck E. Cheese, welfare office and a theme park are among them.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
ericw2000

Here's my story... I live at a T intersection, and have to park 2 of my cars in the street. There's a school bus stop right on the corner, and the bus turns left to go past my house, which is on a narrow street. In IL, school buses have to have this yellow stick that prevents people from walking in front of the bus when it stops.

Shortly after we got my wife's van, I noticed a tiny dent in the back door, just above the bumper. A couple months later I noticed another one, and later I noticed one on my Expedition. A week after I got my mustang, it was parked in front and we heard a crunch and saw the bus backing away from my new car. I ran out and didn't see any obvious damage so I let it go (the bus sped away before I could get out there, but I got the bus number), and my wife took the car to take my daughter to school. A half hour later I left for work and noticed all the yellow plastic transfer on the back of my new mustang, and a couple scratches in the paint. We called the police right away and notified the bus company. The officer came out and noticed the car was warm and wasn't happy that we drove somewhere after the incident. Then the bus company came to the police station and they measured the arm, and the officer came back to my house and measured the scratches and said there was no way it could have been the bus. I was really pissed! I found a school bus that afternoon and saw that the plastic arm was flexible, and called the officer back but no dice. Fortunately I was able to buff the yellow marks off, and there's one scratch visible still. For a couple weeks after the incident, my wife stood on the porch and watched the bus, and every day it turned the other way which would be a good solution. As soon as my wife stopped standing on the porch, they went back to their old tricks.

Short of installing a video camera or standing on my porch every day, there seems to be nothing I can do about this idiot bus driver. I cleaned out the garage so my Mustang isn't out there, but my wife's van and my new CX-9 are still there for when school starts.

Quick Reply: People are such Jerks!!!!