Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

I love the cosmetic changes. However, the power is not enough for me to ditch my supercharged F150. Oh well....
Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Look people, we all knew the engine wasn't changing this year.

Cosmetically, I'm in love like it is 2004 all over again!
Bring on 2011 and at LEAST 350 horses.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
EnragedCoconut

I'm no expert so all I can speak to is my personal opinion on it.

No change in the engine and i'm really not digging the esthetics....at all. It reminds me of a beemer for some reason....

The slope of the hood and the gril are really what ruins it for me, I think. It lacks that aggressiveness that I see when I look at the front of my baby.

I don't see a 2010 in my future.

EC
Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Pnkhead
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, its better than i thought but idk i hate the new interior and there isnt much of a difference between the 05 and 10s exterior. Gonna have to sleep on this one!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

I definitely think its an upgrade. The interior definitely looks better and i really like the front grill and the little upgrade in body lines. As soon as 2011 comes along with a upgrade in the engine, Im buying one. All the 315 hp = same engine with an intake JUST like the bullit
Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ook/index.html

Couple interesting things:

The 4.6-liter three-valve V-8 inherits the 2008 Bullitt setup, with a cold-air intake box, a strut-tower brace, and 15 more ponies and five pound-feet, for 315 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque. Like the Bullitt's, its 3.5-inch exhaust tips are up a half inch in diameter over the outgoing GT's. The torque curve improves with premium (recommended, but not required) fuel. The new intake sucks in air better than the old, open-air system, for a 0.3-second improvement in 0-to-60-mph times on a hot street start. (=Bullet - suspension)

Since the Mustang is now quieter and more refined inside, Ford engineers added a nifty, if artificial, induction sound tube that runs off the cold-air induction box, through the firewall and into the cockpit. It opens to the left of the driver's dead pedal, so you can better enjoy the engine's woffle (this has me scratching my head)

Ford claims the Mustang is the most owner-customized car sold in the U.S. Ford Racing will offer a dealer-installed supercharger that boosts power past 400 horses and preserves the Mustang's factory warranty. (depend on cost for this option, this could be what the doctor ordered for the camaro ss blues)

Traction control and the Advance Trac electronic stability-control system will come standard, offering full-on/full-off, and performance modes. Ford says you can perform burnouts in the full-on mode (good news to someone who drives it year round in ohio)

I will be getting a 2011 after my 05 is payed off in 2010

Last edited by scoots; 11-17-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 PM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

interior still the same, sad sad..and ill add something new to the thread, NO POWER comparison with the camaro!!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Why no direct injection 6? WTF. No engineering required, it already exists for the Fusion ( or is it just that Lincoln?, regardless the top of the line 6 for the Fusion has 50 more HP).... No wonder they need a bailout. Jesus.

Really let down.

Last edited by lunarweasel; 11-17-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:46 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scoots
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ook/index.html

Ford claims the Mustang is the most owner-customized car sold in the U.S. Ford Racing will offer a dealer-installed supercharger that boosts power past 400 horses and preserves the Mustang's factory warranty. (depend on cost for this option, this could be what the doctor ordered for the camaro ss blues)
AH ha!
There is the answer for the Camaro.
Now, I have a feeling we won't be getting anything new in 2011 as far as engines go. They should have the supercharger a FACTORY option instead of dealer option.

Here are some bad comparison pictures I threw together a few minutes ago. I'm going to try and take pictures tomorrow of the exact angles to match the 2010 pictures.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I gotta say, I like the outgoing model better. As far as power goes, anyone expecting ford to throw 400hp into the GT needs to wake up. Ford has always been successful with the mustang because people can afford the insurance AND the note. Not one or the other. The mustang will continue to outsell all other pony cars despite its lower power out the gate. If you're hungry for HP, you just gotta do it yourself. It didn't cost me the price difference between my car and a new Camaro SS to get well over 500hp.

Quick Reply: 2010 Revealed