Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mustang Fully Revealed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:00 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Interior is the best of this thing, I hate the rear
Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
SSFenris
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
i read where 5.0 is coming back with 11:0 compression and 400h.p.! does that mean superchargers are no more with that much compression?
The 5.0L DOHC is going to be for special-edition Mustangs... specifically the rumored Boss or Mach models coming out in the next few years.
You can still run a s/c with 11:1 compression... believe me, there were guys doing it in the 70's (unleaded gas, no ethanol, and no emissions), running 1bar over atmospheric pressure (14.7psi to us johnny-come-latelies). Will it EVER be legal in CA? Not on your life. The NOx and SOx emissions would make their sniffers scream from a mile away, but it IS possible.
Personally, I LOVE the newest bodystyle. I saw the trailer, and I about came in my pants. To my way of thinking, Ford did it right. Don't make the NEW Mustang a COPY of the 60's 'stangs, but take the concept and make it edgier, new, more streamlined. I hate to break it to the world in general, but the era of landbarges and 'flying bricks' (the original ponycars) is over. Much as I hate to admit it, there will never be another '67 GT500 (not really anyway). We need to take what we've learned over the last 50 years, about aerodynamics, about ergonomics, and about how to efficiently make power, and apply it to our new automobiles. I think that the 2010 Mustang embodies all of that. They took a great-looking car (the '64-'66 Shelby's) and brought it up to 2005 standards (the S197). Now, we have the 'new kid'... the S197's punk brother. And I'm SO good with that. I think the 'mean look' to the new front end is reminiscent of this year's Death Race, and I have to disagree that the rear fascia is ugly... I think it looks friggin' great. I like exposed structural elements (like the trim around and between the tails being metal instead of body-colored), and I'm glad that Ford quit trying to 'fool' people with the faux gas cap. Put the emblem in the middle of the trunk, sure, it's a Mustang, be PROUD. But it's not gonna take gas there, so don't make it look like it will.
Hate to beat a dead horse here, but if any of you actually looked at the order form, Ford's finally given us an AMAZING stock wheel selection... no more tri-bars, 10-holes, or turbine wheels here... looks like they farmed out the design to today's best designers (Shelby, Foose, and the high-end euro guys, for example), and came up with wheels that look great, even stock.

ALL HAIL THE MUSTANG!

:rantoff:
Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

You guys honestly like those square vents over the current round ones? I like the location of the tach now but I'm not sure I like the other changes. The e-brake is a welcome change. That's about the only thing I really like about the interior.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

At very first glance I really wasn't completely sold on the looks of the new 2010...but after looking over the pictures some more, I have to say the car doesn't look too bad.

One of the very first thoughts that entered my mind when I saw the pics was..."Thank goodness you got your gt500 before the change, girl~!!!"

I have to be honest and also say I have no intentions of trading either of mine in or outright purchasing one. I guess the next pony coming to the garage will indeed be the Termi......
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

+1 on getting rid of that fake gas cap.

Probably the only thing I like about the new tail end.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Car looks hot and the interior is nice but I have too much invested in my 06 GT. I will keep mine for now and wait on motor options in the future...... we will see! Overall I think they answered all the requests for more options (esp with the interior) but the motor remains to be seen.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

As always, I'll reserve my judgement until I see it in person. I am going to the live simulcast of the official introduction tomorrow night. Being shown in select cities (Tampa is one).
Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM
06Slicks

Nice car but I gotta say I was expecting more. Doesn't really tickle my fancy enough to trade the 06 in.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

Mixed feelings. Love the front end, the interior and the exaggerated rear fenders. Hate the back end.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang Fully Revealed!!!