Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Trottle Body to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:21 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

a throttle body will not require a tune, i had BBK on my auto 06, it was 65mm vs stock 62. not sure what that in itself did, i did a slew of bolt ons at the same time, but i did have some nice throttle response. i wouldnt do it again if it was up to me
Old 02-21-2009, 07:43 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by funtimesalways
a throttle body will not require a tune, i had BBK on my auto 06, it was 65mm vs stock 62. not sure what that in itself did, i did a slew of bolt ons at the same time, but i did have some nice throttle response. i wouldnt do it again if it was up to me
stock is 55mm not 62mm and while it wont need a tune one would be recommended

Last edited by howarmat; 02-21-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:46 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

got my 60mm unit on my car today and didn't throw any codes. though, i changed the intake and the particular tune im using at the same time so its hard to say if it helped or not...... but at least thats one more part out of the way and it only cost me about 150 bucks.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:48 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

+1 skip the tb unless you get it for a steal. My friend got it and it threw codes and something went wrong. Had to go to dealer and get it fixed.
+1 on pullies or cmdp for quick hp. Or an exhaust setup.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Has anyone really felt a noticeable change with the charge motion plate delete? Wasn't that something that was put on the 3-v engine to give it more low end torque?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

BTW, steeda makes high-end products. Their pulleys are the best. I might get them some time in the future.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Ditto what Mat said.

An aftermarket TB won't do you any good unless you're FI or heavily modded internally. The stock TB flows just fine and aftermarket TB's have been known to be real headaches on occasion.
I gotta agree with these 2 but if you gotta get one go for the GT500/F150 V10 TB. Nothing like OEM parts IMO.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM
antonio1988
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
Has anyone really felt a noticeable change with the charge motion plate delete? Wasn't that something that was put on the 3-v engine to give it more low end torque?
+1 that question I'm very interested to learn more about the cmpd...what kinds of gains/losses do you see and more importantly can I install it myself?
Old 02-21-2009, 10:54 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by flg2010
Hmm, well it would seem based on this a trottle body would be a waste of money for me since I don't plan on massive modifications or a super charger now.

So pullys might be a good idea. Found these on American Muscle, what do you guys think? Godo price, will there be some noticeable power increase?

I was reading that this could cause an alternator failure and battery issues. Is that true?

I have the Shaker 500 stero.. which is the base stero on the GT so I should be ok?

Link to pullys I found:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/stunpusy2gt.html
Steeda makes a great set of pulleys but they run expensive on AM. Check out lmperformance.com or brenspeed.com
You can get em for at least 10 bucks cheaper. Got mine for 175 somewhere but I don't remember where.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Undead Pony

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
Yes, I bought a pair of Steeda charge motion delete plates from Brenspeed. It made a noticeable difference. I can't tell you how much of a difference because I havn't put my car on a dyno yet.

Originally Posted by antonio1988
+1 that question I'm very interested to learn more about the cmpd...what kinds of gains/losses do you see and more importantly can I install it myself?
Its my understanding that the gains your most likly going to see are gains up too the 3000 RPMs because you're deleting the butterflys that open up at 3000 RPMs on the stock plates.

they are a easy install. the steps included are step by step for the most part. also Taco Bill has a How To with picture making really easy(Wish I would have found it when I was installing mine lol) Only thing I'm not sure on is if the car will passs smog with them on. but if it doesnt its a easy fix.

Taco Bills how too
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...with-pics.html

Quick Reply: What Trottle Body to purchase?