Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AM Sequentials & Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

Default AM Sequentials & Alarm question

Just a silly question, but Im gonna ask anyway! LOL

With my factory alarm/doorlocks, why is it that when I activate/deactivate the alarm, only one side does all 3 bars and the driver side does only 2?

Just an observation.........
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dblex
Just a silly question, but Im gonna ask anyway! LOL

With my factory alarm/doorlocks, why is it that when I activate/deactivate the alarm, only one side does all 3 bars and the driver side does only 2?

Just an observation.........
Mine does the same thing. I thought I had a bulb burn out just a few days after I installed them haha. I've had the WebElectric sequentials since early October and zero problems. I think it's just some goofy quirk.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Mine will do all 3 on both sides if I hit the alarm button 2 times and get the audible tone (horn) on the second time I push to arm the alarm.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Crap. Now I need to remember to see what mine do tomorrow after I get back from fishing...
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 AM
chain_rxn
1st Gear Member

I just recently installed my sequentials a couple days ago. I noticed tonight that when I turn my headlights on, only 2 bulbs light up on the passenger side, but all 3 do on the driver side. Have you made sure they are all lighting up when you turn your headlights on? I sent a PM to AMNick since I purchased mine from American Muscle, though it was like 4 months ago... Hoping for an easy fix. Mine are the Stack Racing brand.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain_rxn
I just recently installed my sequentials a couple days ago. I noticed tonight that when I turn my headlights on, only 2 bulbs light up on the passenger side, but all 3 do on the driver side. Have you made sure they are all lighting up when you turn your headlights on? I sent a PM to AMNick since I purchased mine from American Muscle, though it was like 4 months ago... Hoping for an easy fix. Mine are the Stack Racing brand.
I recently had an issue with my Stack Racing sequentials from AM. The drivers side was sequencing so fast you could barely see it. I unplugged the connector, cleaned up the contacts (hit them with a shot of contact cleaner and "wiped" them by plugging and unplugging a few times) and all is fine again. In your case, if that doesn't work, I'd clean the bulb and socket contacts after verifying the bulbs are good.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 AM
chain_rxn
1st Gear Member

the bulb does light when the turn signal is activated, so the bulb is good. i will try cleaning the contacts to see if that helps. thanks for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by Nuke
I recently had an issue with my Stack Racing sequentials from AM. The drivers side was sequencing so fast you could barely see it. I unplugged the connector, cleaned up the contacts (hit them with a shot of contact cleaner and "wiped" them by plugging and unplugging a few times) and all is fine again. In your case, if that doesn't work, I'd clean the bulb and socket contacts after verifying the bulbs are good.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:08 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Mine does that too, but now it alternates between the driver's and passenger's sides, and sometimes both of them work the right way anyway.

I figure, they work the way they're supposed to when I'm braking or turning, so I'm not going to worry about it. lol