Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHOULD I TRADE MY 07GT FOR A SHELBY GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

thanks I guess I might as well keep it and finish what i wanted to do to it and enjoy the car. thanks guys
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

IMO I'd get the Shelby GT if I could... heck your driving a Shelby. You might not have the same power as you do now but there is room for mods
Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Why not just trade yours in for a 2010?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

I went this weekend a saw a 2010 gt in person it is a nice car but that I might as well keep mine especially for what their asking for besides even in person that rearend of that car to me doesn't look right I can at least say the back on the 05-09 looks way better in my opinion.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I traded in my 2005 GT for a leftover 2008 Shelby GT convertible last month.

First thing- is this a NEW Shelby GT? What year/ color? How many miles have they racked up on it? Check the tires for wear.

Second- have you inspected the car? Mine had damage before I even took possession of it and more damage that I found after I had been driving it! Scratches in the clearcoat, stains in the trim, and dirt in the engine. Do NOT assume it will be perfect, as I did. There is a good reason they will want to discount a car that was almost $50,000 when they first came out. Look underneath for rust and broken suspension parts! Demand an oil change instantly! You think they've changed the oil on that car? I don't.

Third- usually you can't get rebates and incentives if you want the 0% financing. They will tell you one thing but then when you see the Bill of Sale it won't be there!

Fourth- will you care if the ride is harsher? Mine is. It doesn't like bumpy roads at all.

Fifth- will you be prepared for a car that will drive circles around any base GT??? Mine handles so much better than the regular GT, including the 2010, that what limits my speed around corners is not the car, but the fact that I can't see far enough through the corner, to know if there is a cop or broken down truck in my lane! LOL!

The Shelby gets a lot of attention and looks from average people, as compared to my GT, which got lots of attention from the Mustang crowd.

The sound from the X-pipe is great, and I know you will want to mod it but there is little need.

Hope that your getting a good deal and not a bogus deal!

If you sell your GT yourself and e-Bay your mods you should get one heck of a deal.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:47 PM
JT1652
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TypeS
Personally I wouldnt trade my GT in unless it was for a GT500 or a 2010.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
and dirt in the engine. Do NOT assume it will be perfect, as I did.
I visited the Shelby facility in Las Vegas last year. There was a dirt / gravel parking area filled with over 75 Vista Blue ponies waiting to become Shelby's.

The Shelby's I saw may look like virgins in the showroom, but I think they have seen their fair share of Vegas sunshine before they are delivered to the dealer.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:08 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

their new and they have two sitting there to be honest I don't know what miles are on it because they were closed still but I might still go on sunday for the end of the month sale and also being a 08 model just to see if it would really be worth it I know on mine so far I put mods into it but in that color blue with the silver it looks really nice plus what I have on there now I can put on the shelby with the exceprion of a couple of things put preety much it would all be transfered over onto the other car I really want to see what they will give me on mine its a 07 with 13,000 miles and I even have the little rubber needles still on the edge of my tires so I took care of my car I would treat the shelby with the same respect so I guess on sunday I will see what happens.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:13 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

u can find some deals out there on used gt500... i would look around or wait till the 2010 gt500s are getting sold more so the prices drop more
Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

I know I keep seeing used ones here around the tampa area are getting lower I'm also thinking about waiting it out for a gt 500 just seeing this though and the special on it, it just makes you think about it you know but again I'm pondering the idea so I'm sure my better judgement would make think more about this, thanks for the responses everyone.

Quick Reply: SHOULD I TRADE MY 07GT FOR A SHELBY GT