Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear quarter or not? your advice is needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

if ur afraid of losing vision, best to get louvers instead of a scoop, but i have louvers, my freind has scoops, there pretty much the same, its such a small gap between the passeger side window and the rear windsheild that if there is a car there you will see them even with the rear 1/4 covered, but you adjust, its not bad, you just need to b a little more observant, but ya, u just need to use ur mirrors a little more and always check twice before changing lanes, the only time you may hit somebody is a motocycle because there the only thing small enough to hide on that little spot between passenger side window and rear windsheild, but ud hear the motorcycle, or theyd prob b outa that blind spot in a sec and ud notice them, i wouldnt worry about it, get the scoops, but if u r that concerend then get louvers, but i have yet to hear a story on here of anybody sideswiping a car because of there 1/4 window
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy7701
I have the roush and its got vents in it so you can still see things coming from the side if you look through them.. of course not as good as a whole window but better than the whole thing covered... JMO
Yep, Roush for me too...and you get used to them
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

I've got Roush louvers and they are great. I also like the fact that they can be taken so you can clean the windows.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM
swoosh
2nd Gear Member

bought louvers that can be seen out of just for that reason. Have had comments that it is claustrophobic in the back seat now (and I'll admit it can be that way too), but they also attract a lot of good attention to the car too

Old 05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

You really don't have to worry about the blind spot so much because the mirrors take care of it, as somebody mentioned. The quarter window louvers+blacked out rear window make what my friends call "The Mustang Cave", which many seem to like for the shade and privacy.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee
You really don't have to worry about the blind spot so much because the mirrors take care of it, as somebody mentioned. The quarter window louvers+blacked out rear window make what my friends call "The Mustang Cave", which many seem to like for the shade and privacy.
+1, the privacy is nice, especially if the windows are tinted and you put up a sun visor in the front... sometimes i take my girlfreind into the back of the "mustang cave" lol, and its nice because ive been in other cars before and they always freak out about somebody seeing in, but the back seats are so private they never even worry
Old 05-28-2009, 04:00 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Don't worry. We won't mention to your girlfriend that you used the word "they" in that last sentence.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

lol, i ment past girlfreinds dude lol im not cheating trash
Old 05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

I was considering getting the vented ones for that reason. there's a lot of roads around here that when I'm turning left I've realized the quarter windows have come in handy, I wouldn't want to lose them at this point.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:19 PM
smokievol
2nd Gear Member

I have the Hertiage ones and they have no vents at all. It was really easy to get use to on the highway, no big deal now. Only issue is when pulling out of a parking spot. Then ya gotta go slow and hope the other dude does not ram you.

Quick Reply: Rear quarter or not? your advice is needed