Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering Track Pack

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Littlemustangfan

Unhappy Ordering Track Pack

I want a 2010 mustang with the track pack. So I contacted several dealers to find out when I can actually get one. I was told as of this moment that the order date for the track pack was august 3rd, and if I put an order in on that day I most likely wouldn't see my car until october! I need this car ASAP. I can't wait that long. Can someone tell me if I am geting the wrong info.
Thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by Littlemustangfan
I want a 2010 mustang with the track pack. So I contacted several dealers to find out when I can actually get one. I was told as of this moment that the order date for the track pack was august 3rd, and if I put an order in on that day I most likely wouldn't see my car until october! I need this car ASAP. I can't wait that long. Can someone tell me if I am geting the wrong info.
Thanks
Exact same thing I was told by my local dealerships. So they just took my info down, I put my deposit down and now they will place order themselves on August 3rd.

You could just get the 3.73 package that comes with everything that the track pack comes wth minus the stabilizer bars. And just add those yourself later. Or maybe aftermarket may come out with better ones then the factory ones.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Badbee

My salesman showed me his order sheet for incoming track pack cars and his schedule showed June 16th. (SoCal) He will call me when they are in.
I was reading a road test last night regarding the track pack summer tires, and I quote from the test:

"Finally, some very expensive Pirelli P Zero summer tires are fitted with white gloves. The size is 255/40ZR-19. The replacement price at Tire Rack: $398. Each. Avoid parking in dark alleys."

With tax and mounting etc. you're looking at about 2K for a new set of tires that probably won't last that long.

I'm going to go with the 19" option wheels which come with a less expensive Pirelli P Zero tire, but the handling during my test drive was excellent. You can add the suspension parts as necessary. Also, I didn't notice a huge difference with the 3:73 gears vs stock gearing. However, I couldn't drive at WOT since the cars were new and the salesman was with me. One last point, the 3.73 gears come with performance brake pads that according to my experience and the the salesman, who was a gearhead, will squeak and provide lot's of brake dust. So unless you absolutely require the ultimate in performance, you may want to take these issues into consideration. I'm looking for a fun daily driver with minimal problems and maintenance costs.

GT premium with premier trim interior, manual trans, comfort group, security package, 19" wheels, 3:55 rear end. I'm going to Galpin Ford where they have about 70 2010 Mustangs with every color option available. I'll post some pics of the premier interior color options with the aluminum shift ball etc.

Last edited by Badbee; 05-29-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
FlyingScot

Don't forget - with the 3.73 package you get the "sport" option for stability control. Without that package, you will get a ugly, strict electronic "nannie". All reviews of the sport option are actually pretty complementary...

For me...think I'm going with the glass roof and 3.73 package, may upgrade the option wheels...then going to put on the Ford Racing FR3 handling pack to lower the car and improve handling...but want to drive the car first before changing...
Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FlyingScot
Don't forget - with the 3.73 package you get the "sport" option for stability control. Without that package, you will get a ugly, strict electronic "nannie". All reviews of the sport option are actually pretty complementary...

For me...think I'm going with the glass roof and 3.73 package, may upgrade the option wheels...then going to put on the Ford Racing FR3 handling pack to lower the car and improve handling...but want to drive the car first before changing...

I dont have 3.73s on mine, but I do have a "Sport" mode. The sport mode isnt bad, but regardless of which version you get, it is fairly easy to turn AdvanceTrac completely OFF, which is where most people will want to do their agressive driving.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:25 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Don't forget not only do those tires make the track pack worth the price and the upgraded stabilizer bars but also you get the carbon rear diff that in itself is worth the price imo for the track pack option on the gt's
Old 05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by 4literv6
Don't forget not only do those tires make the track pack worth the price and the upgraded stabilizer bars but also you get the carbon rear diff that in itself is worth the price imo for the track pack option on the gt's
Sorry can you explain the benefit of that? I'm a new to domestics.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:04 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FlyingScot
As per the ford website all GT's come with sport mode.

"2010 Mustang comes standard with anti-lock brakes and AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control and anti-lock brakes to give you more confidence and control behind the wheel under slippery road conditions. AdvanceTrac uses sensors to detect and measure yaw, or side-to-side skidding conditions, by monitoring the vehicle's speed, throttle position and steering wheel angle. When AdvanceTrac senses wheel slippage, it reduces engine torque and applies the brakes as needed. AdvanceTrac can be run on or off with the V6 engine. In the GT, AdvanceTrac, can be run in on, off or Sport mode, which allows drivers to push it more while still retaining control. "
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by J. Dub
+++++++1
Old 05-29-2009, 04:31 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by J. Dub
Basically the carbon fiber makes stronger clutches so it makes the traction lock more durable.

Don't forget the track pack also comes with specially valved struts and shocks and gt500 rear control arms.

Quick Reply: Ordering Track Pack