Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbonetics Turbo Kit Problems/lies

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Boosted06Roush

Angry Turbonetics Turbo Kit Problems/lies

For all who has purchased the kit or has found out the hard way and bought the kit and left dry do to turbonetics company i a warning you the kit is faulty and does indeed need aftermarket tuning done and turbonetics will lie and say there kit is fully functional when it floods itself till it cant run.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

i haven't heard good things about turbonetics waste gates
Old 06-09-2009, 01:25 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rskapof
i haven't heard good things about turbonetics waste gates
I remember hearing someone say their engine blew because the turbonetics wastegate let the boost go up to 12 lbs instead of 8 or 9.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boosted06Roush
For all who has purchased the kit or has found out the hard way and bought the kit and left dry do to turbonetics company i a warning you the kit is faulty and does indeed need aftermarket tuning done and turbonetics will lie and say there kit is fully functional when it floods itself till it cant run.
That's a really difficulty message to read. Sorry about your problems though.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I have only heard good things about turbonetics. I ended up going with Garrett, but Turbonetics was up there.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:00 AM
bobby1110
3rd Gear Member

i had a problem with there waste gate creeping boost on me that is why i went with the tial 44mm waste gate
Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Boosted06Roush

o really i better watch that i have a boost gauge in the car, but i havent even had the chance to drive mine and i put the kit on in Jan. do to turbonetics giving me the run around. so i did some research on people who also had my kit and i found a guy that was in a magazine and he said it costed him another three grand to get fixed just to work on the road but still overheats. i took mine to anderson ford motorsports in clinton, il i am suppose to get it back soon and itching to take it out. how much is a tial bov tho
Old 06-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Man this sukks to hear since I have a Turbonetics kit that I have not installed yet, I wish Turbonetics would address some of these issues special since their kits are pretty expenisve, I would like to hear more from other people who have this kit, btw sorry to hear about your expirience I hope it turns out well, please keep us posted on your progress.
Javi...
Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Boosted06Roush

try calling them and ask them but i garentee they will lie to you like they have done to so many people they have sold the kit to. but their is nothing wrong with trying. becasue they tried to waste time with me and sent me like three sct tuners that i still have in my possession and i plan on not sending them back but selling them to pay for the bill to fix my car
Old 06-14-2009, 01:19 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Originally Posted by Boosted06Roush
try calling them and ask them but i garentee they will lie to you like they have done to so many people they have sold the kit to. but their is nothing wrong with trying. becasue they tried to waste time with me and sent me like three sct tuners that i still have in my possession and i plan on not sending them back but selling them to pay for the bill to fix my car

that is all

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Turbo Kit Problems/lies