Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of this Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:18 PM
kxl77
1st Gear Member

Default What do you think of this Mustang?

So I've been on the boards for quite a while now, and I've always wanted a Mustang. I tricked myself out of buying one for a few months and thought to purchase something more "familiy oriented/ reliable"

Anywho, I checked out this particular mustang today.

It's a pretty nice car, drove it for a bit and it drove quite nicely. The only strange thing is that the manager of the Ford dealership drives it home every night. Is there something I should be concerned with? When I started her up today, the engine was already warm so I wouldn't be able to inspect for burning oil or anything along those lines. (I checked the car around 1600 hours, and the manager was to come in around 1000 hours)

The interior is in decent shape, and I say decent since there are a few nicks on the aluminum part of the steering wheel.

The exterior looks rough, but I think its because it needs to be detailed/washed. I'm hoping that is the case, what do you guys think?

Lastly, they're asking 20500 for it... do you guys think I'd be able to pull it down to 18k?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, the dealership that I went to is Northport Ford located in Commack, New York. The salesman I dealt with goes by the name of Ed, and as of now he seems like a pretty decent person with absolute no pressure sales tactics which I like.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Monkeyleg
2nd Gear Member

I'd try to get them down in the 17's. That's a considerable number of miles, and it's almost certainly been driven in snow (don't know if the public works departments in NY use salt).

Mine had 8,000 miles on it, and pretty much every option available, and I got it for $18,900 at the end of last year.

You could get a new one for a few thousand more than what they're asking.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:34 PM
kxl77
1st Gear Member

Thanks bro, you're absolutely right. Going to try to talk it down a little more. Is it strange that the owner of the dealership drives it home a lot? As far as I know, the car hasn't been prepped, it seems like its in the same shape as when they bought it.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

talk them down and you have a decent deal....
Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

+1

Asking to much. You should not pay more than 18 for that car IMO. And even that is expensive for what you're getting IMO.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

that's a rip!

They probably got it for $10,000 if it was a trade in with that many miles.

Offer $14,000

Personally, I would highly advise you to by a lower mileage car from a private party. Just be sure to take each car you consider to an independent mechanic to have them checked out.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

i agree, thats a bad deal. 18k is still too much. That car is worth about 14-15k. Check Ebay and craigslist, lots of deals can be had especially for an outdated model
Old 07-08-2009, 01:08 AM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

I paid less than that exactly a year ago for an 06, so similar vehicle, except mine only had 19k miles. Don't be afraid to talk to him. Remember, you don't have to buy a car, but he has to sell one. Worse case he says no, leave your number and walk away. He may call you back.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kingsofcrunk
I paid less than that exactly a year ago for an 06, so similar vehicle, except mine only had 19k miles. Don't be afraid to talk to him. Remember, you don't have to buy a car, but he has to sell one. Worse case he says no, leave your number and walk away. He may call you back.

+1^^
start low! you can always work up to a fair price
Old 07-08-2009, 07:57 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't touch it. If you're already noticing nicks and things like that, it's only going to get worse. That's WAY too expensive. Look around, you'll find one for much cheaper. I have a fully loaded 07 with 8k miles on it and I doubt the dealer would give me more than 16k for it. Remember, that car is going to be out of warranty very soon too.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this Mustang?