Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A more exotic sound?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I pulled up to my GF's house last week to help her father resod the yard and he made the ultimate insult but I've come to just expect that from Al.

He said.... I thought I heard a dump-truck pulling up and knew that was you . Me and this guy go round and f-in round insulting each other. It's like a love ya man thing lol. Or just like a father in law insulting each other thing...I'm not sure which yet lol.

Try an X-pipe w/ corsa's. That should give you the sound you're looking for.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm going to install a catted X on mine soon. My JBA catted H is getting these little burnout holes in it. Very odd but it's changing the sound.

Time to swap it out and I'm going with a catted X next.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 PM
czechmate

Hey guys..long time forums reader but brand new member..I saw my video link here(the first one of the two vids in this post)and just to clarify I am not running any cats . Just LT's, o/r x-pipe with corsa mufflers.. The initial person wanting a more exotic sound..You cant go wrong with Corsas..about as exotic as you can make your mustang sound.. Under acceleration it absolutely screams..and at about 4500rpm it gets to a whole new level that unfortunately the camera just doesnt capture...

Originally Posted by mynameismike65
Heres what you want......longtubes + highflow catted x + Corsa mufflers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1C5bQ2yjzI

This is perfection IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y20Sjp0k8Jw
Old 07-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ya, that second guy w/ open headers/cammed. you can't drive that on the street take my word. all the cool cammed vids you hear, both late GM (vette, gto, camaro) and mustang with off-road pipe/open headers will get pulled over by the cops within 100 yards of their driveway. take my word for it. sounds great at idle but wakes the dead at throttle. I know .
Old 07-18-2009, 12:06 AM
czechmate

Mines cammed and you just have to really throttle conscious around cops.. Very low almost stalling rpm range under acceleration is a must.. The sound alone makes it all worth it... Wouldn't have it any other way!!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I've seen your vids czechmate lol. you removed the o/r pipe right? It woke the dead with lol.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

hahaha! I just watched your latest vids. STILL wakes the dead lol. So close to your neighbors. I guess up in Canada they don't care. I would be the most hated person in my neighborhood here in hippie-ville austin,tx.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:03 AM
czechmate

LOL... To say the neighbours didnt mind would be a lie.. there are a couple guys here that are from the 60's and 70's so they loved it(they can understand my obsession with muscle cars) but the rest of the complex gave me bad looks...I could see them standing infront of their windows shaking their heads LOL.. I guess it's a good thing I dont really care..I only start it during the day so they cant really complain. But it was louder then I ever thought it would be...you cant accelerate quietly because idle alone is louder then just about everything else on the road.

Rubrignitz.. I always assumed that down in Texas you would hear the sound of a V8 around every corner...stereotyping is a wonderful thing aint it lol..
Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm in austin.. basically little berkely CA lol. bunch of idiots in this town. they can't contain their criminal element but are sooooo politically left that they deal with them. it's so funny and sad at the same time.

We still get looked at funny and ridiculed for anything louder than the average exhaust setup .
Old 07-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Corsa + Catted Pro-chambers sound fairly, err, "exotic."

But, nothing beats; Mac Ab's, Pro-chambers, and Long tubes. Oh, lordy!

Quick Reply: A more exotic sound?