Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 audio noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
Perhaps buzz is a bad word choice...tonal maybe?

While we have different headunits, the subs/amps are the same. And I'm inclined to think they are the culprits. The H/U is supplying some sort of voltage that induces this.

I also believe it's related to the dreaded battery kill problem the Shaker System is so well known for
This does not occur in the 2010s that have Navigation (which has Shaker 500 subs and amps). The issue is with the Audio Control Module specifically.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:55 AM
tomz

Originally Posted by AJ_68
This does not occur in the 2010s that have Navigation (which has Shaker 500 subs and amps). The issue is with the Audio Control Module specifically.
So what do you think AJ, think this would drive you nuts at a drive in movie?

Did we miss any other places where this noise would be a big problem?

I used to sit in car and listen to football and baseball on the radio while watching some of my kids practices.

Tomz

Last edited by tomz; 03-20-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: editing
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 AM
adonaghy

Default 2010 Shelby GT500 with Nav has same sound

So many have reported that this defect is not present with the Nav systems. Well I have Nav and certainly have the noise. That's how I found this forum searching google to figure out what the heck the noise was. I find it very distracting and I was able to detect it right away, within hours of picking up my car.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 PM
SHOWPONY2010
1st Gear Member

I went to my dealership yesterday with this issue and with a printed out copy of this forum post. They told me that since it sounds this way on every Mustang, it is normal and not an issue. I also have some bad springs or something in my seat as it pops and you feel it in your back everytime you hit a bump - they tightened some bolts up and told mr this was fixed, but it wasn't. They are supposed to be sending an Engineer from Ford HQ here in the next week or so to look at my issues.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM
tomz

Originally Posted by SHOWPONY2010
They are supposed to be sending an Engineer from Ford HQ here in the next week or so to look at my issues.
SHOWPONY2010 - You might see if you can talk to this Engineer from Ford and ask him/her about the radio noise. Perhaps explain all the non driving places you hear it.

Tomz
Old 04-06-2010, 11:21 AM
ousig2408

my dad just dropped off his 2010 GT (shaker 500) at the dealership for a few other rattles and asked them about this. of course they "never heard of it before" he made them listen to his so they could hear what he was talking about. he also mentioned this site and the ACM module - they are supposed to call me directly with an update.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
ousig2408

does anyone else have any updates on this? sounds like nothing has really been done and the sound may just have to be something to get over...
Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 AM
SHOWPONY2010
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tomz
SHOWPONY2010 - You might see if you can talk to this Engineer from Ford and ask him/her about the radio noise. Perhaps explain all the non driving places you hear it.

Tomz
I met with a Ford Engineer that came out to Omaha to look at this yesterday and he stated "this is a normal noise" and basically they cannot do anything with it. I began grilling him on how this much white noise is considered normal on every job1 build... Outcome, nothing got fixed.

I also had him looking at a my driver seat as it was making a popping sound over every bump. He cleaned the seat with alcohol, then put talcum powder on the seat and said it was just leather rubbing... As soon as I sat back in the seat, it popped again and I can even feel these pops in my legs (almost like it is a bad spring/support in the seat). - The stealership has said they have fixed this all 4 of the previous trips I have taken it back to them, but it still does it.

I am writing up a complaint to send to Ford and the BBB. I think I'll see if I can get the local news people out to do a story on it too. I have never been this pissed in my life... the stealership just pushes me away without even attempting to fix/replace anything.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:41 AM
qbuswell
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2010 GT Premium with the shaker 500 and comfort package and I have the noise as well.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Reapman

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents of my own (so far positive) experience in trying to get this resolved. I too have the issue (forgot to bring the piece of paper with the -AL code here but it's very similar to the listed as affected Mustangs) and brought it into the dealer yesturday.

Initially they didn't believe me, but I had him sit in the car and do what was recommended and he definitely started hearing it. Had a printout of this forum thread and he read through it and then agreed it needed to be addressed, would order the part and call me back.

Today got a call back, he called into the techs and they concured that it's a known issue on the Job 1 Mustangs, however he needed the ESN ID so had to dig that out for him. Sounds like it's hit and miss as to whether or not they will acknowledge it as an issue from what I'm reading, and doesn't look like they've issued a TSB yet that I can find. Hopefully the new ACM will fix it.

Oh I'm in Alberta, Canada, not sure if that makes a dif for them acknowledging the issue?

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 audio noise