Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 audio noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tomz
I don't know of any service department even offering to do either fix except for possibly AJ_68's service department.

Tomz
I left the service dept a voicemail last week asking how long they would need the car, who said to update the ACM, what happens if it doesn't fix the problem, etc. Haven't received a call back. I'll call again tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM
falconium

Red face

I did used to hack my HIFI formerly, and I found the similar problem in case when there was a ground loop in the system (between the antenna cable of the TV and power network). You can hear the 50Hz/60Hz AC crawling in the speakers then (low bass, white noise sound). Sound is permanent, same at all volume settings. It can be eliminated by detaching the antenna cable. Anyway, I don't think that much white noise problem is caused by this - it's just a suggestion to check, who knows. It also can be a wrong firmware or a wrongly designed circuit logic in ACM having a loop.
Try to detach the AM/FM antenna for testing purposes.
(Or solder 10 microF between the + and - cables to filter 50Hz out )
I hope this problem won't be there in mine coming in Nov.

Last edited by falconium; 09-24-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:16 PM
2010GT_Vert

Originally Posted by discodave
I have the Shaker 500 and have the SAME issues. The hissing is only noticeable at very very low volumes (when you can't really hear the music). Once you turn it up it sounds awesome. These are the first set of factory speakers I DO NOT plan on replacing. That says a lot.....
Hey Chief, after more than 40 years of flying, I don't hear anything at low volume, but with the top down and the volume up it sounds really good and no buzzes!

Last edited by 2010GT_Vert; 09-25-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
tomz

Default shaker 500 noise is annoying

Originally Posted by discodave
I have the Shaker 500 and have the SAME issues. The hissing is only noticeable at very very low volumes (when you can't really hear the music). Once you turn it up it sounds awesome. These are the first set of factory speakers I DO NOT plan on replacing. That says a lot.....

Originally Posted by 2010GT_Vert
Hey Chief, after more than 40 years of flying, I don't hear anything at low volume, but with the top down and the volume up it sounds really good and no buzzes!
After owning my 2010 for three months, I finally drove it with the windows down and no AC for the first time last week. I was able to hear this noise at several stops on that drive. I guess that is because the music I listen to doesn't play constantly loud. It has occasional breaks of one to three seconds between songs. <g> And some of the songs even have some rather silent sections where the noise can be heard. <g> All this, with the engine running.

Of course when parked, engine off, listening to music or talk, it is far worse.

Tomz
(Glad the summer is over. Now Ford - fix this noise please.)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Got GT?

Default IMHO...

Sounds like a broken wire somewhere in the audio system, or perhaps dust/contamination in the amp. Old, dusty amps make that kind of noise when the volume is adjusted.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Got GT?

Default IMHO also...

See if the noise is isolated to one speaker, if it is, it could be a loose speaker connection, which could be a common error as the 2010's came off the assembly line.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
tomz

Default shaker 500

Originally Posted by Got GT?
See if the noise is isolated to one speaker, if it is, it could be a loose speaker connection, which could be a common error as the 2010's came off the assembly line.
Got GT? - We really appreciate your attempt to help. But we know it is a problem with the components, and not an installation or wiring issue.

Since you are coming in to this late. Short summary:
1. Apparently EVERY SINGLE 2010 Shaker 500 without the nav package has this noise. We can only guess that models coming off the line today do not have it. But we don't even know that for sure.
2. The ACM is suspected to be the culprit. Read around page 4 of this thread for more information. Or read the whole thing.

IF YOU GOT A 2010 with SHAKER 500 and no NAV package, you have this problem. (Unless your 2010 was recenty built with updated parts, in which case we want to chat with you!)

Thanks,
Tomz
Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Popeyejon
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tomz
Got GT? - We really appreciate your attempt to help. But we know it is a problem with the components, and not an installation or wiring issue.

Since you are coming in to this late. Short summary:
1. Apparently EVERY SINGLE 2010 Shaker 500 without the nav package has this noise. We can only guess that models coming off the line today do not have it. But we don't even know that for sure.
2. The ACM is suspected to be the culprit. Read around page 4 of this thread for more information. Or read the whole thing.

IF YOU GOT A 2010 with SHAKER 500 and no NAV package, you have this problem. (Unless your 2010 was recenty built with updated parts, in which case we want to chat with you!)

Thanks,
Tomz
FWIW, My GT was built Aug 24 and does not have this noise.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Popeyejon
FWIW, My GT was built Aug 24 and does not have this noise.
I think Job2 started mid August.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2010 with Track Pack, which was not offered until job 2 started at the beginning of August. Therefore I should have a job 2 vehicle. I have the Shaker 500, without the Nav system. I ordered the vehicle, and it came with 2.7 miles on it. So I'm positive it was not existing stock from job one, as a track pack demo car would be.

I have noticed a couple of things.

1. As mentioned earlier in this thread, when I'm on an auxiliary input, I can still hear the radio coming over the speakers, but at a very faint volume.

2. With the volume all the way down, I hear a buzzing noise that up until reading this thread, I *thought* the noise was originating from the head unit area itself. When I get home tonight, I'll more carefully listen to the noise, and try to pinpoint where it's coming from. I strongly suspect this is NOT the same buzzing or hissing noise you guys are hearing, as I really doubt I'd hear this noise at a stop sign with the windows down, and no audio currently playing.

I'll also try the code to identify the version of the ACM that my car has and let you guys know.

I am assuming from other posts in this thread that the buzzing does not get louder with volume, and I believe that to be the case with my car.

More later tonight.

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 audio noise