Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 audio noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Thanks Deysha, we appreciate your help.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

No problem Adam, anytime!

Deysha
Old 08-14-2011, 03:30 PM
MyKonaBlues

Today is 08/14/11. I have brought the radio concern up with two dealerships now. My selling dealer, and another local dealer closer to where I live. I went well prepared with my knowledge on the ACM Job 1 and Job 2 , to only instigate service personnel and get raised brows as I begin to lay down my concerns. After dropping off vehicle, My Advisor calls me back next day with wonderful news. They found the culprit! The ACM! It was replaced! It’s ready to be picked up. I couldn’t get there fast enough with my pocket full of sweaty CD’s so I could experience up my “NEW” system wondering what it what sound like with the improved Job 2 ACM. AFTER I signed for the warranty work invoice, I read the invoice where the “cause” was the faulty ACM, and the “correction” was replace radio. Not knowing the results I had them pull the car up in the hot Texas heat. Truly I say to you, I was highly disappointed with the “fix”. Maybe it was me but it sounded worse. I called my Advisor that same afternoon and she promised me a call back from the Service Manager. They came through, very polite person called, and he promised an investigation. He did mention the Viewpoint survey, and what that meant to them. I gave 100% “completely satisfied”. I have not heard from him or anyone at the Dealership since (after) the survey was submitted. I have made several attempts to get anybody to give me a call back about the findings of his “investigation”. Repair Order dated 04/14/11. I work for a European automaker, where the philosophy is: “Sales gets the client once – service makes them customer for life”. I have owned 5 NEW higher-end Fords in the last 6 years.

You reading into this Ford?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:53 PM
saunupe1911

I've noticed this too in my 2012 GT. I thought I busted my speakers but the bass still hits hard. I also only hear this static on certain songs. I extremely noticeable when listening to ESPN radio or station with low quality and heavy talking.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:27 AM
mbyers

I gave up on the having the bleed through fixed. Based on what I've read it has to be a design issue (filters or something missing). There have been too many others, including myself, that have the 'correct' radio code and still have the issue.
I did have a 'vibration' with the driver door sub. Noticed mostly when NASCAR channel when the guys are talking, hard to hear the issue with music. Even with detailed steps on how to re-create, I still ended up showing them after they couldn't re-create. But once they heard it, got a speaker on order and that issue is now resolved. I mention this because maybe that is the issue saunupe1911 is having (i.e. a speaker issue and not hte ACM). There is a thin sheet of plastic within the door, so that could be vibrating. To try yourself, apply pressure the door panel and see if the sound changes. I've heard people say the plastic piece right behind the handle used to close the door, the piece behind the opening lever, and the window switch piece. I did have a vibration sitting at idle (sometimes), dealer found it to be the switch area. That didn't make sense to me because I would put pressure in a different place on the panel, but also haven't heard it since; although I have been avoiding try to duplicate it :-)
Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by MyKonaBlues
Truly I say to you, I was highly disappointed with the “fix”. Maybe it was me but it sounded worse. I called my Advisor that same afternoon and she promised me a call back from the Service Manager. They came through, very polite person called, and he promised an investigation.
Hi MyKonaBlues,

I'm sure the noise continuing after a repair must be discouraging. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist.

Originally Posted by saunupe1911
I've noticed this too in my 2012 GT. I thought I busted my speakers but the bass still hits hard. I also only hear this static on certain songs. I extremely noticeable when listening to ESPN radio or station with low quality and heavy talking.
Hello saunupe1911,

Have you visited your dealer to see if they can stop the noise? If they aren't able to help, please let me know.

Originally Posted by mbyers
But once they heard it, got a speaker on order and that issue is now resolved. I mention this because maybe that is the issue saunupe1911 is having (i.e. a speaker issue and not hte ACM).
Thank you for the information on how your issue was resolved! I'm glad your dealer was able to quiet it down. Have a great day!

~Natasha
Old 08-16-2011, 06:46 AM
mbyers

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Thank you for the information on how your issue was resolved! I'm glad your dealer was able to quiet it down. Have a great day!
Yes, the dealer is great to work with. But to be clear, the bleed through is not fixed. It is an ACM issue that is, in Ford's eyes, not a 'big enough' issue to address. Which I can kind of understand, but it is still somewhat annoying to have one the higher end stereo.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:29 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by mbyers
Yes, the dealer is great to work with. But to be clear, the bleed through is not fixed. It is an ACM issue that is, in Ford's eyes, not a 'big enough' issue to address. Which I can kind of understand, but it is still somewhat annoying to have one the higher end stereo.
Hi mbyers,

I'm pleased that you had a positive experience with your dealer, and I know that sound can be annoying. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can review your ACM issue.

~Natasha
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29 PM
MyKonaBlues

09/12/11 took MyKonaBlues in for its Shaker 500 Noise appointment by suggestion of my Ford Customer Care Advisor. My Dealer Advisor however, called me back, to inform me that they were not going to look any further into the noise because I recently replaced the factory speakers with aftermarkets (5x7 Polk’s) No other mods done. Remember, I have had this problem since day 1 about a year ago. Repairs were attempted on prior visits for this known issue and factory speakers where never looked at [B]as a culprit, until now- that they found them being 2 week-old aftermarkets. This post is not about the defect as much as the way it was handled by FoMoCo. What a letdown. =(

Last edited by MyKonaBlues; 09-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:26 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by MyKonaBlues
09/12/11 took MyKonaBlues in for its Shaker 500 Noise appointment by suggestion of my Ford Customer Care Advisor. My Dealer Advisor however, called me back, to inform me that they were not going to look any further into the noise because I recently replaced the factory speakers with aftermarkets (5x7 Polk’s)
Hi MyKonaBlues,

Thank you for the update. Aftermarket mods can play a part in your issue. I see your case is still scheduled for follow-up, so you will be contacted to discuss the situation. Have a good afternoon!

~Natasha

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 audio noise