Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YES! My S/C is ordered!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverpony41
......... Someone on here blew there engine with the paxton novi 2200 because he was running too much boost on the stock engine. I hope you tune it just right.

That is verry sad because paxton builds boost with RPMs................ So if you over rev it kiss the motor bye bye. So @ 6000 rpms you should be hitting 10psi with the H.O. kit. I have mine tuned in to redline at 6500 @about 11psi.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
Congrats! Just out of curiousity...why do people choose the paxton, or vortech kits over prochargers? Too loud? Price?

I was so close to getting a procharger but i heard about 4 of them idle at mustang specialties and just went with paxton. (heard 2 with the vortech and a nice mellow sound that i liked) Brenspeed had it last year before the mark up for $4200 on the H.O. kit.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats!
Your Stang looks awesome!
Enjoy.........
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vertigo
I was so close to getting a procharger but i heard about 4 of them idle at mustang specialties and just went with paxton. (heard 2 with the vortech and a nice mellow sound that i liked) Brenspeed had it last year before the mark up for $4200 on the H.O. kit.
Oh man! I've never heard a procharger at idle but this video just might sway me to get one. I love the whine a S/C makes and don't want one that's too quiet. By the way, do all centris make that pffft, pffft, pffft noise when off the throttle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c-sO...eature=related
Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
Congrats! Just out of curiousity...why do people choose the paxton, or vortech kits over prochargers? Too loud? Price?
I would say the price, and the fact that Paxtons and Vortechs are offered as complete kits from Brenspeed.

If I ever go centri, it would be a ProCharger, it's just an amazing unit. I love its whistle as well. But I'd rather have a TS, and specifically a Whipple.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
Oh man! I've never heard a procharger at idle but this video just might sway me to get one. I love the whine a S/C makes and don't want one that's too quiet. By the way, do all centris make that pffft, pffft, pffft noise when off the throttle?

sOvufPkI&feature=related[/url]
Yes, that's the blow off valve releasing the excess boost.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:50 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
rcj, no one is mad bro. Just having fun with this.

Cutter, here is a glimpse in your underhood future.

Whats with the prop rod?

(hehe.. just pokin fun)

look ma, no prop rod vvvv

Grats on the supercharger, I bet you will find it difficult to sleep the next couple weeks!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:09 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rshamekh
I would say the price, and the fact that Paxtons and Vortechs are offered as complete kits from Brenspeed.

If I ever go centri, it would be a ProCharger, it's just an amazing unit. I love its whistle as well. But I'd rather have a TS, and specifically a Whipple.
+1. My first choice would be a procharger They put out some crazy numbers & sound fking sick.

Originally Posted by Vertigo
What didn't you like about the idle? Too loud?

Last edited by whtcanbrwnd04u; 07-29-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Damn Barry!!!! congrats on getting wood and getting blown after! Yes you can say that on here!....I remember when I was blown and that was ever so satisfying. You wont regret the mod at all. So you going to run 8 or 10 psi at the 450RWHP range? Not sure of the efficiency of those blowers?

Congrats my friend Christmas in July and happy B-day to me! (for real just turned 35)

Last edited by mygt500; 07-29-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

any updates?

got the blower in yet? or installed?

I was a nervous sleeper for the week it took me to get my RoushCharger for my 5.4...was like a kid in a candy store when those 3 big boxes finally arrived.

Watching that video reminded me of why I dislike Centri units. I want my car to sound like a v-8...the blow off valves sound exactly like a Turbo...and I associate turbo with Rice

Quick Reply: YES! My S/C is ordered!!