Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:31 AM
luckey13

Angry

Dont have one, but those taillights, ugh! I hope they change them before I decide to pick up a new one!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:55 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by luckey13
Dont have one, but those taillights, ugh! I hope they change them before I decide to pick up a new one!
HAHA HEHE HAHA HEHE....gosh, that was soooo funny.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:11 AM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

A problem I am finding with my new Shaker500 is the AM radio is not too good. I live 75 miles north of NYC and I listen to news radio WCBS 880 alot to get traffic reports, etc. I can barely hear it now with the new Mustang. THe signal is weak and there is alot of noise. Other cars I have driven have no problem picking it up. I don't think it is a defective as much as just poor design on Ford's part.

Joe
Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 PM
B-lake22

Default 2010 Mustang GT miss firing

So, I took it in and they could not find a thing wrong with the car. They had to resort to an assumption which was this: Since I live in SC, the humidity is always super hi along with the temp. What "must" have happened was the humidity created condensation somewhere in the fuel line which was what caused the miss firing and once it evaporated after your engine got hot enough, it stopped.

It's been two weeks since the issue and hasn't done it since.. I guess I am going to take that assumption and run with it.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bingo2
the AC doesn't seem to get very cold. I believe there is a TSB on the AC; 09-16-1 for certain VINs.
Yep. TSB # is correct. Only affects GT/GT500 models. A/C Clutch issue resolved by re-programming the PCM with an updated software release.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by B-lake22
No problems with SYNC, no whipper problems, no center counsel latch problem, no delivery scratches or dings. But.... 800 miles on the car and it started miss firing. did that for about 4 minutes and then corrected itself somehow. I am guessing that its something electronic. hasn't done it since. however, I am bringing it in this weekend for them to look into it. I did a health report on SYNC and it did show a miss firing issue, brake issue, and said to check fluid levels. the brake issue was just because my parking brake was in use while I ran the report. Fluids look fine, but the missing firing will be hopefully figured out on Saturday when I bring it in.

Out of curiosity, what were you experiencing during the mis-fire condition?

I assume the Multi-Indicator-Light/MIL or 'engine' light was flashing, and not steady illuminated, but what about noises or vibration? Any smoke emitted from the tailpipes?

As mentioned in my previous post, there IS a new PCM image available for MY2010 S197's with V8 engines.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:41 PM
bingo2
1st Gear Member

FordEngineer, correct on the TSB, recalibration solved the problem.

A question; after the reflash I downloaded a tune. Does the tuner program write over the entire program or just the portion dealing with engine management? It is an SCT tuner.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 AM
B-lake22

Car's reaction to the miss firing: Pretty much the entire car was shaking, the most noticeable thing was the stick shift shaking so hard that it was making noise. But once in gear, it was very sluggish and bogged down like crazy. The MIL did not come on until I gave it some gas to see if that was the deal.. and when I did, it started blinking... never stayed on though. It only lasted about 4 minutes at the most and then poof, back to normal and has been perfect since. It must have just been the humidity.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
ElRoberto

I have had some problems with the center console button sticking, guess I should ask them to replace it some time. About 6500 miles on the car so far.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:31 PM
cheeto racer

nope carpet on passenger is the same on mine cut too short... looked at a shelby gt to see if it was just mine and nope cut too short as well. additionally i had wires hanging down tucked back up and so far so good.

Quick Reply: What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?