Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:27 AM
PSU Ben

Originally Posted by KonaP51
Mine is like that too.
Yep, mine too. I figure the mirror is curved in order to see more out the back (side to side). A consequence of this is a little distortion.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:27 PM
xspsi
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
I tightened up my hood by unscrewing the bumpers under the hood to lift them to make the hood shut tighter after it closes. You have to be careful to not unscrew the bumpers too much because it will make the hood not line up like it should.
Mine is the opposite...it's too tight. I have to really force it closed, and also opening it via the handle takes some effort -- it "pops" hard when it opens...too much tension I guess. I will adjust mine (screw them down) and see it that works.

Also noticed the gaps between the hood and the fender are not equal on both sides. I would say there's about a 1/16"-1/8" difference -- driver's side has a tighter clearance.

Last edited by xspsi; 11-18-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 PM
JeffMacQ

Originally Posted by JeffMacQ
two week old GT Premium - when the gas guage gets to about 1/2 full, it dives to empty. Concurrently, the electronic display (x miles to empty) works fine from full (~290 miles to empty) until about 1/2 (~140 miles to empty), then displays "5 miles to empty". the first time it happened, my chick almost had a heart attack looking for a gas station, but each time it's taken only 8 or 9 gallons. I'm scheduling a warranty appt. to deal with this, assuming it's the float, and they'll have to drop the tank. Not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless.
Just to post on the fix, turns out the gas tank on the 2010 is actually two half-tanks (picture saddlebags, I suppose), with a fuel pump that traverses over the differential between the two halves, at least according to the Ford Service Dept. They replaced a fuel tank sensor, and the fuel pump that moves gas back and forth between the two 'bowls' that comprise the gas tank. The gauge is accurate now. It does seem to make sense, that is, why the gauge would read empty and the tank would only take 9-10 gallons (although technically, it should have taken 8 gallons, or exactly 1/2 a tankful).
Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 PM
2010vastang

my sun shade for the glass roof developed a small tear, and I noticed my driver side mirror has a crack that you can't see unless the sun hits it just right.No one else would ever notice but bugs me(wife thinks I pay more attention to the car).I have already scheduled an appointment to get these issues fixed.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
ElRoberto

Originally Posted by JeffMacQ
Just to post on the fix, turns out the gas tank on the 2010 is actually two half-tanks (picture saddlebags, I suppose), with a fuel pump that traverses over the differential between the two halves, at least according to the Ford Service Dept. They replaced a fuel tank sensor, and the fuel pump that moves gas back and forth between the two 'bowls' that comprise the gas tank. The gauge is accurate now. It does seem to make sense, that is, why the gauge would read empty and the tank would only take 9-10 gallons (although technically, it should have taken 8 gallons, or exactly 1/2 a tankful).
That offset is so when you hit "E" you still have a few gallons of gas to make it to the gas station. I have drove until the gas light comes on a few times and I usually have 4 gallons left in the tank or more.

I have had my stang since April haven't had any problems with it. Hope it stays that way.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
JeffMacQ

not likely, a 4 gallon 'secret' reserve?! that's a quarter tank.

And as I noted in an earlier post, the car told itself it was out of gas and shut down, secret 4 gallon reserve or not.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 PM
grettann

For the past few weeks I have been having issues with my electronics package equipped Sync system and my Blackberry. I can no longer use the verbal commands or the phone screen on the Nav panel to make or answer phone calls. However, if I initiate or answer the phone use the blackberry's controls it works and uses the car's speakers and microphone. I have tried removing the Bluetooth links and re pairing them but that didnt seem to work.

Then yesterday while trying to see if I could make a call using sync to see if it worked, the system kind of hung up and the screen went back to the radio however, all of the sudden the traction control indictor lamp lit up while I was driving 55 mph and stayed on until I shut the car off. Guess I just suffered the equivalent of a blue screen of death.

So I will be making an appt with my service department to see if they can resolve this.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 PM
dstang10
2nd Gear Member

Good news! I just found out today that FORD is going to replace my whole dash for me. Kinda of sucks that I won't have my car for couple weeks, maybe I can get another GT for my rental...

Originally Posted by dstang10
One problem I've had with my 10' is the dash has a blemish in it. Dealership said that the foam had an air pocket and when it got hot it bubbled. They're going to replace my whole dash.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 AM
71TERA

Hi,This is a V6. We have been having a serious belt squeal. Started with 800 miles on the car, fourth day of ownership. Took it into the dealer and they told me " there was just some trash on the pullies". Well I thought these guys just lied to me!!! Well the fix lasted less then 24 hours.
But the belt squeals whenever it wants....while idling it will squeal for a second or so...or it will squeal for just a chirp. It also will start squealing really bad when you start moving and then it stops.
Needless to say we are taking it back again and see if they fix it.
Today I am going to video the car and how it is behaving so I can prove to them its doing this.

Last edited by 71TERA; 12-05-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

I drove my 4x4 truck yesterday when it snowed, we only got an inch. when i came home from work my 2010 mustang was covered with snow. I thought, "no big deal i will clean it off in the morning with the sun shining". Little did I know, ice had sealed the window in its track so when i went to close the door the window up feature was stuck in the up position. I could'nt get the proper door seal. I had to spray de-icer in the area where the ice was and let it melt in the sun. After 30 minutes it started to operate correctly. It would really suck if it was night time and i had no de-icer. Guess i got to buy a car cover now...

Quick Reply: What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?