Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there no love for the red candy colored mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

I was oh so close to buying my 5.0 in Red Canty Metallic. But at the dealership I was looking at different stangs on the lot, and Race Red just seemed to "pop" a lot more and grabbed my attention. Probably grabs the attentin of the cops too, but oh well.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 AM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

That new yellow (gold) looks more and more awesome by the day to me... easily 3rd after Kona and of course Black =#1 --- nothing bar none beats a black car if you're willing to put the work into it lol
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

I love my candy! But I am really wishing they had the Lava out when I ordered.... Oh well haha
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

i was going to go black & matte black & black interior.. triple black.. but my wife saw a Roush 247R in Candy talked me into the candy red with the matte black (no regrets)..

but as i've stated on my cardomain page...

The toughest descision i had to make about the car:

I bleed blue.. uk blue (basketball) and ford blue.. i love blue.. i don't own anything red (UofL) i mean.. i don't even own a red shirt... most people don't realize how hard this was for me..

the day i picked her up from the dealership, i walked into the "clean-bay" and it was rather dark in there, and i was like.. OMFG.. what have i done.. that car looked maroon..

then as soon as i rolled it out into the sun.. holy crap.. that paint went a mile deep and sparkled.. and i was in love..
Old 06-30-2011, 11:38 PM
ccbulldog
1st Gear Member

Old 07-01-2011, 02:01 AM
L454S

Default Red Candy

I love it(wife does too, it's her DD) and it matched the vette perfectly.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 AM
bigcanoe
2nd Gear Member

Mine!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Borowicz

Default 2010 Candy Red

I wanted a white one, just like my 1968 GT, with blue racing stripes. But I picked the red candy from the lot because of the options, and I'm really liking it. I just need top decide on the color of the stripes!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Borowicz

Default 2010 Candy Red

I wanted a white one, just like my 1968 GT, with blue racing stripes. But I picked the red candy from the lot because of the options, and I'm really liking it. I just need to decide on the color of the stripes!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

2009 V6 Pony Package. Candy Apple Red.

I never thought I would get a red one either. Tbh, id never seen the candy color and was diametrically opposed. I wanted the Kona to put a white stripe on. But Then I went shopping with my dad... and the dealer produced this beautifull V6 Pony in Candy Apple... My father and the dealer made me an offer I couldnt refuse.

Before you all go thinking Im some rich daddys boy-

And this is actually kind of a cool story as well.

I didnt get great grades in middle school. As,Bs, Cs. So the day before I started high school, my Dad took me out to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. As we were finishing our steaks he said, "Son, Ill tell you what. If you graduate with a 4.0- Perfect, Straight As all the way through high school- Ill get you a new American Made car of your choice."

To me, that meant MUSTANG

Fast forward 3 years. Going into the last quarter of my senior year. Midterm grades come out, and Ive got a B+ in Biology. My dad takes me down to the dealership and they already have my car on the lot. We take it for a test drive (The dealer is a friend of my dads) and when we get back to the dealership, my Dad says "Wouldnt it just suck to miss out on this because of 1 B+? And by the way- a 3.9 is not a 4.0"

So I spent the last quarter of my senior year studying while my friends were ditching, drinking, and going to pool parties. But I got that 4.0 (Double entendre intended)

I think Im gonna start a thread in the main forum about this

Quick Reply: Is there no love for the red candy colored mustangs?