Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy MAC longtubes or save for S/C?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

longtubes and prochanber for 500 is a steal id jump on it and make your S/C better when you get it
Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rford426
longtubes and prochanber for 500 is a steal id jump on it and make your S/C better when you get it
+1
exactly!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
need4speed17n
1st Gear Member

I look at it this way (as I'm in the same boat)... for $500, it won't set you back that far, and it will make your engine flow better when you get ur SC... I'm NOT talkin about better flow for more power with the SC, but bc it can make it easier on the engine (you know, less boost for same power). Just food for thought.

Good Luck either way!!!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:42 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Crap !!! The guy already sold them in one day!!!!! i guess with a good deal like that it won't stay there for long. Oh well, i'll either find another used set of longtubes like that or just keep chipping into the s/c.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

^^well now your $500 closer to your supercharger were did you see those longtubes ?? im about two hours from houston now...Live Oak,Tx
Old 09-15-2009, 05:26 AM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
LT's now and SC later.

I don't think anyone is agreeing with you on that... I don't have S/C myself, I decided to go with the headers first, I like to have the a good sound when I'm driving my car down the street. Also it would have taken me a lot longer to save up for s/c.

You're getting a good deal with the mac I would definitely take the opportunity if they're in a good shape because when you do buy the s/c and you decide to buy headers you'll spend twice that price.

EDIT:

Didn't pay attention to your previous post, that sucks the guy already sold them, but they were defenitely a good deal.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:43 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rford426
^^well now your $500 closer to your supercharger were did you see those longtubes ?? im about two hours from houston now...Live Oak,Tx
They were listed here in Houston. You decided to move from OK to TX huh, never heard of live oak though. Going to school there or something?

Originally Posted by DarkJFMan
I don't think anyone is agreeing with you on that... I don't have S/C myself, I decided to go with the headers first, I like to have the a good sound when I'm driving my car down the street. Also it would have taken me a lot longer to save up for s/c.

You're getting a good deal with the mac I would definitely take the opportunity if they're in a good shape because when you do buy the s/c and you decide to buy headers you'll spend twice that price.

EDIT:

Didn't pay attention to your previous post, that sucks the guy already sold them, but they were defenitely a good deal.

The sound.. . That's the reason i wanted the headers the most for right now too! I love my offroad H , but i wish i had the headers to make my ears happier when i drive haha
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 AM
antonio1988
4th Gear Member

After going through all the money I spent on mods for my car, I have learned two things. The first is that putting a car together, piece by piece is a rewarding experience, 10rwhp at a time. The second thing I have learned is that I could've saved up and bought the supercharger by now instead of all my other mods. I guess part by part it's like being a member of the 3000 hit club with no home runs, but getting blown instead of all that is like batting .200 and being the home run king
Old 09-15-2009, 12:09 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Get what you can get at a good price when you can get it!
LT's will help exhaust flow with the s/c, so it's not a throwaway mod.
You'll get more out of the s/c though.

If you're planning on doing both anyway, then just take your time and when you find a good deal for you, grab it. You an take your time and wait for and find those good deals.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkJFMan

i hear ya. i went with the LT's and full exhaust before the SC. sure the SC adds the most hp, but its expensive, and 500 for LT's and mid pipe is a deal that you dont pass up just from a pure economical standpoint. and when you do put in the SC, it will run more efficiently, more air in more air out, simple. even if you dont get the SC soon, the LT's/prochamber will add a little more power and a much better sound which you can hear at WOT or just driving in the neighborhood. but anyways, the deal is gone.....

Quick Reply: Buy MAC longtubes or save for S/C?