Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wheels (CS40s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default New Wheels (CS40s)

So, efter endless hours of looking through options and posting here on the forum, I made my decision on wheels. Now, a week later, Stally is riding on new shoes and I'm extremely happy with the results.

I want to thank Mike at Cruizin Concepts for making this happen. From what I hear, he does a lot for this forum and its members so I just wanted to recongize him and recommend him to everyone here. He and everyone else at Cruizing Concepts are always there to help you out and their prices for the forum members are incredible.

On that note, I'll get straight to the pics so I can S.T.F.I (Stay the F*** In) for all of you that don't frequent the OT section. The only pics I have are in the garage during install. The car got washed today and will get waxed tomorrow so I'll take so nice outdoor shots tomorrow and post them up. These will have to feed everyones picture addiction for now. Consider these photos the Nicorette gum of new wheel photos.

What a sight...

Please feel free to comment or give me suggestions. I plan on going with some lowering springs next along with some window tint. I had to have some 5% taken off when I bought the car and brought it from Tennessee to North Carolina and I haven't put any back on because all I can do is 35%. Stupid NC laws...I feel like it would make the car look much more intense regardless so I may just fork out the money and get it done...

EDIT: And yes, the car is a joke of a mess in these pictures. I was at the Greater Hickory Classic (golf tournament, Champions Tour) this past weekend and we had to park at the Equestrian Center is a rainstorm. Turned out to be a legitimate mudfest, along with the rain to smear it all over the car...it looks incredible now that it's washed.

Last edited by HT; 09-23-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 PM
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member

Sharp wheels!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

sexy. lowering springs will be perfect
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Nice wheels! Good tires too!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys,

I've never gotten so many compliments on my car in my life...today at the car wash the guy who writes down what package customers wants says "Nice car." I headed inside to wait for them to finish and he comes in and tells all the employees to come out and check the car out. They all go out there and I see one of them mouth "Holy S***!" They then proceeded to measure the rims with a yard stick. They came back inside and told me that my car was the coolest Mustang they had ever seen in person. I take this as a huge comment coming from guys that are around cars all day and my car is a V6, especially with all the Mustangs around our area...

I don't expect the same reactions here but I do appreciate all the compliments and opinions. Keep them coming!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
TWOKOOL
2nd Gear Member

Looks real Kool. Love the wheels, wish I could find some that didn't say "Shelby" on the lip though.
Having a Black car myself, I bet yours looks awesome now that its clean.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:37 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't worry about the Shelby. Do you not like it because you feel it is flamer or do you just not like the look of it? If its the flamer thing, I don't think its a big deal at all. I mean, its not in any way saying the car is a Shelby...
Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

With winter coming you might want to keep your 6r wheels,let them take the chemicals,mud and snow.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I didn't even think about that...if thats the case I need to get them rewrapped with some new tires...the stock tires aren't safe anymore, they have chord (spelling?) coming out of them...

Is it worth the money to do this? I mean, will my CS40s get screwed up in the weather or is it just a precaution?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

Those are SICK... yikes, I might want new wheels now and I just got new ones

Quick Reply: New Wheels (CS40s)