Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying first Aftermarket Hood.. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Got any more pics? I have not seen stripes on this hood before. That looks great!
Thanks for the compliments, both you and 05 Mustang!

I don't believe I have any more pics of the hood painted yet, but I have all the other parts painted as of last night, and will begin throwing them together tomorrow, so I'll be updating the thread in my sig tomorrow night with some more shots...
Old 09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

Can't go wrong with Trufiber. Their hoods look great.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Lakers I think you need black rims . Car is gorgeous.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 PM
CLOONEY

Man I love being able to modify ones cars. I like the individuality of each persons car. It gets me so excited to see everyones finished projects and I have so many freakin ideas everyday. Thanks guys for all the help. I'll post some pics when I get my hood and have it completed.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
joshsund
1st Gear Member

I think the hood your considering is one of my favorites of that style and is closest to the actual supersnake/kr hood. I bought one similar from ebay before I came accross the trufiber and liked it but buying from ebay first had such a headache with the carrier the shipper used. Then the body shop I used said all fiberglass hoods come with some flaws that have to be repaired prior to painting but mine was extreme and they had to spend so much time on it that it ended up being an extra $500 before they could even paint it. Sounds like there have been enough posts here from people that have the same hood that you probably won't run into any problems like that so I'd go for it.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 PM
CLOONEY

Yeah I was thinking it would be too much of a hassle to buy one off of ebay cause you never know what to expect sometimes. Yeah I will probably be getting the hood from trufiber pretty soon, just at this time I am trying to find a reliable body shop that'll do the work on my hood cause I'd hope for a decent quote on the paint and such.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:53 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I think because of this thread, that my hood is going to be the next mod! I like the trufiber one because 2 main reasons. A. Everyone that has used them has said very little prep work, so the extra cash you pay up front, more then pays the difference on the bargain hoods. and B. There the only one I have come across that is fully functional ram and dumps into the factory air box location. I am planning on making a custom shroud so that when the hood is closed, the air box is actually sealed to that inlet and the car will have a truly functional ram air.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 PM
CLOONEY

sounds perfect JD. well guys I shall be purchasing my hood from trufiber next week and then have to do paint and such. so I'll post some pics up hopefully by the end of October. woohoo im excited.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:45 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

I like my Cervinis Hood and Bumper. But to each their own. My hood is a year old next month but when i was buying the trufiber hoods where having problems. Its good to hear that it a thing of the past! The only thing that was relay making me think hard about going with the trufiber hood was the built in ram air, rather then having the add on kit. Also I did not care for the wide separation between the nostrils on the trufiber. I will agree with a earlier post, The Truefiber hood is more true to the look of the KR hood
Attached Thumbnails Buying first Aftermarket Hood.. Need help-016.jpg   Buying first Aftermarket Hood.. Need help-001111.jpg   Buying first Aftermarket Hood.. Need help-004.jpg  
Old 10-17-2009, 12:51 AM
CLOONEY

Any of you guys have any probs with installing the relocation kit for the windshield sprayers? I'm having alittle trouble with the instructions I received.

Quick Reply: Buying first Aftermarket Hood.. Need help