Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Convertibles - Back Window Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Default Calling All Convertibles - Back Window Question

Just wondering if any of the other convertible owners out there have experienced the back window shaking (violently sometimes) while driving with the windows down.

I understand that the wind has to go somewhere, but the shaking seems kind of crazy even at 55mph.

It makes me worry that it's going to tear something up.

Experiences?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:14 AM
searay28

I have noticed my rear window shake, but not violently....

I also noticed that its worse when only one window in the front is open.

Also, opening up the back 1/4 windows really helps the situation.

When you have the problem, are ALL the windows open?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by searay28
I have noticed my rear window shake, but not violently....

I also noticed that its worse when only one window in the front is open.

Also, opening up the back 1/4 windows really helps the situation.

When you have the problem, are ALL the windows open?
Yeah, it's worse with one window down, not as bad with two down, and even better with all windows down. Maybe I drive too fast, but it just seems like the damn window is going to shake itself loose or something
Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Can't help with your question Dave, but I have a question for you vert owners: What compels someone to pay a bunch of extra money for a vert and then drive around with the windows (only) down? I see people doing that all the time.

I can see on a really hot day keeping the windows up and the air on but it seems to me if it's warm enough to have the windows down, the top should/would be down, too.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Can't help with your question Dave, but I have a question for you vert owners: What compels someone to pay a bunch of extra money for a vert and then drive around with the windows (only) down? I see people doing that all the time.

I can see on a really hot day keeping the windows up and the air on but it seems to me if it's warm enough to have the windows down, the top should/would be down, too.
Well, most of the time if the weather's good I do have the top down. But, here in Maryland right now, it's too cold in the mornings to have the top down, so to get a nice breeze inside the car, I roll the windows down. Same as you hard top guys! If I could have the top down ALL the time I would, but sometimes it's just not practical.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 AM
guitarist4life
2nd Gear Member

/\ +1
Old 10-08-2009, 08:56 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

There are times i find I only want the windows down, but i too have the same problem! I feel if the windows are down on the highway that rear window is going to shatter from it shaking so much. Thank you, I thought I was the only one!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

I could not have said it better myself! Not sure I have ever driven my vert with the windows down except when the top was dropped
Old 10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Well, most of the time if the weather's good I do have the top down. But, here in Maryland right now, it's too cold in the mornings to have the top down, so to get a nice breeze inside the car, I roll the windows down. Same as you hard top guys! If I could have the top down ALL the time I would, but sometimes it's just not practical.
Yeah, I can understand that. But I see folks driving on perfect 75 degree days in their verts with the windows down and the top up. Justa pet peeve, I guess. I mean, just push a button already!

Honda has it right on the S2000. One poosh of a button and the top and both windows go down!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:06 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I can understand that. But I see folks driving on perfect 75 degree days in their verts with the windows down and the top up. Justa pet peeve, I guess. I mean, just push a button already!

Honda has it right on the S2000. One poosh of a button and the top and both windows go down!
That's how my convertible is. When you hit the button, the windows roll down first, then the top goes back.

And in perfect weather there's no excuse for having the top up!

Quick Reply: Calling All Convertibles - Back Window Question