Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You may change your opinion of Livernois...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Hard for me to comment without being able to ask tons of questions.

FWIW....I enjoyed the article this month!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Whoa...amazing someone would lie down for that but sounds like they're feeling you out. Total BS. They'll take a better stance eventually. They know they're in a really tight spot.

I would have to take a trip to Livernois and talk to them in person.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 11-04-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

These aluminum overhead cam heads make me very nervous. So easy to ruin a head/cam/engine. Unmatched long block and tight tolerances equals problems with follower/cam inconsistencies. I had FRPP's removed and stock cams reinstalled and worry about problems with them now. I've heard of bad followers cause the problems you mention.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I would hope that cooler heads prevail eventually (on their end) and comp cams and Livernois get together to make sure the correct product is delivered to you. They could at least refund your money or send yu back the other heads you sent them . . .

Somehow, they need to make you whole again and make what's wrong right.

I don't have any Livernois products in my motor, but do have some comp cams stuff.

Good luck Mark
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

yeah and his 18k motor is now toast. these aluminum heads/overhead cams make me freakin nervous. not much needs to be out of spec before engine destruction happens. cam, cam followers, springs and retainer matching are recipes for disaster...I remember when you could have a bad lifter or pushrod and save the motor. not with these...

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 11-04-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:44 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

even if the problem was the comp cam, they asembeled the head and sent you a ready to install product. Realisticaly you have up to like 15k in small claims court you can go for. I say you go after them, you have the proof that the product they supplied did the damage and was not properly QCed before they sent it to you. You WILL win that one, aftermarket or not. Now after they pay up to you, they may go after comp, but thats on them. Your not responsable for QCing there sub assemblys they purchase from other manufacturers.

I mean if your brand new Dell had a bad hard drive in it from the factory, they couldnt get away with saying, were sorry you will have to contact Maxtor to get a new hard drive, and buy a new OS from Microsoft. No, they would pay to ship it both ways and give you a working product.

Don't write this off as, oh well its aftermarket. They screwed up and cost you a ton of money.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

If you cant stand by the products you SELL. Even if you didnt make them. Then DONT sell them. This is 0% Marks fault and 100% seller/manufacturers fault! Mark is paying for a 8-9 second motor not a damaged motor. I think comp should pay for it and if they dont then Livernois should pay for it since they didnt check them before selling them to a customer. Either way, Im a furture customer of Livernois and Comp. We will see if they earn my business.

Edit: I think Comp is at fault but Livernois sure stand behind the products they sell or dont sell them at all. CK should not be the victim.

Mark = 0% at fault
Livernois=50% at fault
Comp Cams=100% at fault!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by usmcpony
If you cant stand by the products you SELL. Even if you didnt make them. Then DONT sell them. This is 0% Marks fault and 100% seller/manufacturers fault! Mark is paying for a 8-9 second motor not a damaged motor. I think comp should pay for it and if they dont then Livernois should pay for it since they didnt check them before selling them to a customer. Either way, Im a furture customer of Livernois and Comp. We will see if they earn my business.

Edit: I think Comp is at fault but Livernois sure stand behind the products they sell or dont sell them at all. CK should not be the victim.

Mark = 0% at fault
Livernois=50% at fault
Comp Cams=100% at fault!!!
I wouldn't give Livernois that much honestly if they attempted to help instead of trying to sell him more ok, but they are just offering to fix it for more money... in the current state of things that I understand Livernois should back up the product and them not is very unprofessional.

Basically Livernois is more like 75% at fault.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
badsneakers

Granted, my understanding of the law is limited, I have studied business law in the past.

In accordance with contract law and the doctrine of privity, the OP cannot confer rights or impose obligations onto any parties that have not entered into the contract. When a manufacturer sells a product to a retailer, and the retailer sells the product to a consumer, there is no privity of contract between the manufacturer and the consumer. What im getting at is your beef is with Livernois. Livernois can then take action against Comp.

There are exceptions to these rules and your best bet would be to get a lawyer who can advise you further. Because the manufacturer has a duty of care owed to the consumer, you could be awarded additional damages in tort for the damage to the engine and loss of use.

Again, my understanding of the law is limited at best, consult a lawyer and weigh your options. Theres no way your going to be left hung out to dry here.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I would agree with jd. comp sent them a bent cam but they are both at fault because they installed the cam and sent the heads to you! I would make sure if you have to go to court that you go after both of them! I feel bad for you and i hope you get everything straighten out soon!

Quick Reply: You may change your opinion of Livernois...