Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maybe selling my Mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Default maybe selling my Mustang...

Hey all, well my wife and I may come to a decision about selling my 2008 Mustang GT to make room for other things such as a house and kids. We are not 100% certain yet, but it looks like thats going to be the case.

How much does everyone think I can get for the car? I still owe money on it, so this will be the interesting part, but I can still get the title once I get a good amount of the money.

Has around 14K on the engine and etc. Never was dragged, and always taken care of. The car comes stock with HIDs, stock 500w sound system, and premium upgrade dash. was bought 1/2009

Specs (maybe more, still early in the morning):
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger 2005-09 Mustang GT - 1580
Steeda 162-TR6060-KIT: Tremec TR6060 6-Speed Transmission + components for upgrade from a GT500

Speed of Sound Triple Gauge Pillar Pod
Aeroforce Ford CN Series SINGLE Interceptor Scan Gauge
Autometer Cobalt Series 2-1/16 Mechanical -30/+20Psi Boost Gauge
Autometer Cobalt Series 2-1/16" Digital Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio

Corsa Xtreme 14314
MAC Short Pro Chamber (no welding needed, just bolt in)
BMR Boxed Steel Lower Control Arms (Polyurethane / Spherical Bushings)
BMR Adjustable Upper 3rd Link w/ Polyurethane Bushings

Spec 05-09 Mustang GT Billet Steel Flywheel
Spec 05-09 Mustang GT Clutch Kit (Stage 2+/ 26 Spline)

OE GT500 Shifter Boot/**** Assembly
GT500 brake kit with J&M Mustang Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Hoses (05+ Front and Rear)
Hawk HPS Brakes

Roush Stage 2 Suspension
FRPP Black on Black Steering Wheel
Black GT4 Rims w/ NT555
14" shorty antenna
GT500 Spoiler (OEM Ford)
CDC Chin Spoiler

One of the dyno runs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOf2bRgLdok

Dyno (before JDM's tune, and after - SAE correction was 1.05 for that day, and 4000lb rollers):

Some pics:

Last edited by Smooth_J; 12-02-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:17 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

You won't make enough to make back the mod money, that's for sure. Your best bet is to sell the mods off separately or just hope you find a person that loves your car and is willing to pay more for it.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your contemplation to sell the gal (the car, not the wife... although )...

I've been there myself many years ago when I had to sell my Camaro after our first child was born. All I can say is, think about this based on my own experience:

You have the car now and it obviously is built the way you want it. If you sell it, you'll be itching to get back into a muscle car at some point but there will ALWAYS be some other expense related to the house, kids, vacations, etc. that'll prevent you from doing any more than think about your "itch". Time will pass and you'll have very deep regrets. Then the kids college. It'll always be something.

That's what happened to me. Over 20 years passed and that itch just drove me nutz. If you can, find a way to keep the car. BTW, what is the wife giving up to save money?

Best of luck.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

^+1 with all the hype about the 2011 cars the 05-09 GTs will drop considerably. If you plan on selling the sooner you can get rid of it the better. Plus try to sell the mods out individually since you won't get that money back.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
BTW, what is the wife giving up to save money?

Best of luck.
She doesn't really buy anything, I usually do all the buying for the both of us...LOL. You are right though, however besides the house and maybe kids (dunno when) I will always have that regret. You need to let something go that you care about in order to go other stuff done...

Originally Posted by S281 E
^+1 with all the hype about the 2011 cars the 05-09 GTs will drop considerably. If you plan on selling the sooner you can get rid of it the better. Plus try to sell the mods out individually since you won't get that money back.
I will try to do that, but the only thing I really can't take out is the trans :P How much can I get for that parts? Not to mention the fact that I need to covert it back to stock which is a pain in the butt...
Old 12-02-2009, 08:57 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

After all the work and tlc you put into that thing, it pains me to see you lose it...
How much do you still owe on it?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
After all the work and tlc you put into that thing, it pains me to see you lose it...
How much do you still owe on it?
hehe, its not gone yet

I owe quite a bit on it as it is, and honestly if it does comes to a point that it really has to go, then I will loose money.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

selling my mustang would be like parting with my way of life. No ****ing way.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

I feel your pain - I was in the same boat about 25 years ago and had to sell my '68 Camaro when starting a family. Like Nuke said, you will always regret it and have the itch, but sometimes you have to do what is right for the family. I'll tell you this though - there is nothing like the feeling of getting another muscle car after waiting 25 years while raising your family ! You appreciate it so much more. Every time I get in my car and have that classic rock playing on the radio I go back in time to the 70's. I know it's not much consolation now, but you will be able to get another when the time is right. Good Luck with your decision.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

That stinks but whatever you decide I'm sure you be happy in the end..

Good luck..

Quick Reply: maybe selling my Mustang...