Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed the Stang!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

Default Crashed the Stang!

Some lady cut me off on the highway and forced me to spin out and hit a guard rail. I hit the rail pretty damn hard but the airbags didnt deploy,. The front bumper is gone. Also the radiator was leaking antifreeze, prolly cracked somewhere. The only damage was to the front of the car thankfully. The car would not start afterwards, check engine light was on after the crash. I have Geico, this was my first Mustang, never been in an accident before so I dont have shop i prefer. Deductible is $1000. The adjuster was talking a little fast but wont hear from him till Monday for an update and estimate. Is there any way to get my deductible down? Any tips on this process?(repairs or aftermarket part options when they do the estimate)? Thanks for any insight
Old 12-20-2009, 03:10 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

sorry to hear about your accident. thank god you are ok first of all.
I don't think you can bring down the deductable after the matter at hand. I had 500 deductable and after an incident I had I dropped it to 0. and thank god I did because months later someone keyed me. had to paint almost the whole car. nothing out of my pocket.

Now, you can go with a front end upgrade since you will pay a grand out of pocket anyways. There are PLENTY of options out there. parnelli jones front, saleen, roush, shelby, GT/CS and the list goes on and on.. it's all up to what YOU want.

As far as the process hopefully it's not nerve wrecking.. Make sure to keep us updated. Also I'm sure some insurance gurus will chime in here to give you more insight.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear about your accident, glad you're ok..

since the accident was the result of being cut off by a lady, was there a police report written up decsribing this? if so, it does not matter what your deductable is, because it's her insurance company that should take care of everything...if not, I believe your stuck with the deductable that you have at this point in time..

as eddypython said, you might use this accident as an opportunity to make some upgrades to the front end of your car (if that's something that interests you)

good luck with everything
Old 12-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that but glad you weren't hurt. The Stang can be fixed.

Tell me it wasn't snow related...
Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

yikes, no way
Old 12-20-2009, 09:36 AM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Im sorry to hear you wrecked the stang. I've killed b1ches for less. At least your okay
Old 12-20-2009, 09:42 AM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Dude I hate to hear that glad your okay! Maybe a chance to upgrade the front bumper!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

She actually fled the scene, didnt even stop to see if I was ok. This was before the snow storm we had this weekend so i wasnt weather related. I believe there was a police report, one the Geico people i spoke with says it may fall under the uninsured motorist if there is a police report. That may drop the deductible down to $250. Reason why i asked about the droppin the deductible cause my adjuster said something about one the rims have a little road rash and i could not have the whole rim replaced and he would knock of around $150 from the deductible.

Also here are some images

Radiator cracked
Old 12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Dayyyum.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:57 AM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. You will get it fixed, and can upgrade too.

Quick Reply: Crashed the Stang!