Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body shop woes in the making?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:45 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Exclamation Body shop woes in the making?

I've had my mustang in the body shop for over 3 weeks now. It took between the shop and the adjuster over 2 weeks just to survey the damage. Granted, we are in the middle of the holiday season, but things don't seem to be going right. They ordered the additional parts early last week. Ok, fine, they may be waiting for the extra parts to arrive.. I did make a deal with the shop to have them install my Roush front fascias, along with painting. I forked up for the front fascias on my own. They are to "adjust" my estimate. Insurance being stupid enough, tells me they will send me the check. They send it to the shop directly. The shop is not communicating with me. I had to stop by one day to survey what was going on, I needed to know what the "additional" damage was. I talk to the clerk over the phone, tells me to hold, then gives excuses every time the shop manager is not there. The shop manager does not return my phone calls and no longer returning my emails after we made the initial deal to work with my front fascias. I am getting very concerned. In the same time, I do not want to rush them to do a hack job. Am I over reacting? This shop was recommended by my folks, who had bodywork done there twice. They never had problems before. Oh, and they shoved a large cardboard box with my fascias/or parts in the passenger seat. They better not have ****ed anything up in the interior.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-28-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Am I over reacting? ................ They better not have ****ed anything up in the interior.
Sounds like it. Take a chill. When you get the finished product, then bitch when ****s ****ed up.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Not having experienced body shops myself, I can't give much advice...but I do feel your pain. That sucks! Even if waiting times like this are the norm I don't think it's right/professional that the body shop isn't communicating when you have concerns.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigblue95z
Sounds like it. Take a chill. When you get the finished product, then bitch when ****s ****ed up.
I prolly am worrying too much. I just have a lot on my plate of life, and not in a good way. I just need to take care of 1 thing at a time. When their frontend can't provide the customer service, it makes them look very shady. Especially after reading stories on here. Nobody likes to be given the run around. I'm fine if they just told me straight up what was going on. If they were busy, they have X amt. Of cars before me, etc.

Thanks for reading.. Guess just needed to alleviate some stress..
Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

heh. Yeah, calm down. Especially now during the holidays, it will take a bit longer. As far as them shoving the parts in the back seat, just think of it this way. if they break it they fix it.

Let me tell you the bad news I recieved the other day. Enterprise calls me and says " the insurance company stopped paying for the rental on the 13th of this month and you have to pay the difference " I startet to yell at the chick asking her WTF she did not call me on the 13th to tell me this.

I computed the final tally right around $ 650, and I had to continue to pay out of my own pocket for the upcoming days. How's that for bad news. lol

Of course after I grew about 50 gray hairs, I called the insurance company, that told me I had reached my $900 limit for the rental on the 13th and yes I have to cough up the rest of the cash for the rental.. after about an hour on the phone with them I remembered my car has 2 claims on it. so I argued with them for about another 30 minutes to swap the rental on the other claim. all in all I don't have to pay for anything still. Moral of the story ? I've had my car in and out of shops since august lol.. Just be patient it will get solved. Just make sure you don't run over your rental limit.. heh

Last edited by eddypython; 12-29-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Glad you were able to work something out with your insurance. I hate thinking how that money, in your case for rental, could of been spent towards mods.

I actually waived rental insurance.. which I'll have to look into. I just never thought I would ever be in this predicament. I don't have a car right now. I am lucky that I can carpool to and from work. I'm just a bit stuck in between or have to bum a car off my folks if they aren't using both. Not trying to complain, just not familiar with the process. Back to the waiting game.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-29-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The obvious thing wrong with that shop, is putting large parts in the car.
Freaking idiots!
The car ain't a closet!

Anyway, if you're talking about the supplement check, it most always go to the shop since the job is locked in by then.
This avoid customers pocketing the money instead of fixing the car further.

You're not over reacting yet but there are plenty of red flags with that shop.
I just hope that they won't do a hack job regardless, like Eddypython experienced...
Also, if you're with GEICO, be vigilant. Those people suck.

Good luck.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
The obvious thing wrong with that shop, is putting large parts in the car.
Freaking idiots!
The car ain't a closet!

Anyway, if you're talking about the supplement check, it most always go to the shop since the job is locked in by then.
This avoid customers pocketing the money instead of fixing the car further.

You're not over reacting yet but there are plenty of red flags with that shop.
I just hope that they won't do a hack job regardless, like Eddypython experienced...
Also, if you're with GEICO, be vigilant. Those people suck.

Good luck.
mmmm I'm with Geico. I have a feeling this is going to be a very long and strange trip. They sent the original check and the supplement already to the shop, so they really have no reason to work on it in a timely manner since they got their funds already. When I visited, the shop was nearly empty, from what I can tell. There were maybe 2 other cars there. Again, I'll give them the holiday leeway, but even some respect for some form of contact. Don't get me wrong, I don't call or email everyday. I contact them for a reason, otherwise I will just let them do their work. The last reason I called was to ensure they were able to obtain my rocker stripes from AM. The shop told me they would order them. I don't need to go pick up my car to find out it has the stock stripes on it. I agree, my car is not a closet. If they locked it in there for security, then that's another flag.

At least if they do fudge up my car.. gives me a reason to go 2012 lol, but I really don't want to find that out like Eddypython.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:12 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

How close is the shop to you? Is it possible to just "drop by on your way home" instead of calling them? This way you can see if any progress(or lack of) has been made. When my 2000 was getting the front end fixed, the shop welcomed me to check out the progress being made anytime I wanted to stop by.

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 12-29-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:25 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i would just do a pop in

Quick Reply: Body shop woes in the making?