Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing my patience

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:53 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
So we have been feeling your pain during this ordeal, my question is would you ever order a car like this again....
Fantastic question Dominant.

The car has delivered exactly what I was hoping for. I don't have any regrets and I am really thankful to how much this was the right car for me.

I would say that compromise has no place in a transaction that is this large. In real estate compromise is a must given the limited locations and price ranges. Since we have the ability to order the perfect car I can't advocate for compromising.

Cars were ordered all the time like this in 50's and I think it makes better business for the dealers and the buyers. With economics as they are I can easily see more dealers taking orders over a parking lot full of compromises.

I had the time to wait and it made this weekend very special.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 PM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
Fantastic question Dominant.

The car has delivered exactly what I was hoping for. I don't have any regrets and I am really thankful to how much this was the right car for me.

I would say that compromise has no place in a transaction that is this large. In real estate compromise is a must given the limited locations and price ranges. Since we have the ability to order the perfect car I can't advocate for compromising.

Cars were ordered all the time like this in 50's and I think it makes better business for the dealers and the buyers. With economics as they are I can easily see more dealers taking orders over a parking lot full of compromises.

I had the time to wait and it made this weekend very special.
The funny thing is, I'm not satisfied at all. The wait is way too long with what the factory said the delivery date was supposed to be (was supposed to be delivered 12/29, still not here). Maybe part of it is that I wanted to get some of the appearance stuff from the factory but they don't make it an option with the Track-Package. I don't see why you can't get the louvers or the hood scoop since the weight is negligible in the end.

Maybe i'll be happier once I get the car, but overall I don't think I'll be ordering another car from Ford again. It's the 21st century and if they can't get updates on where a $35k car is more than once a day seems a bit ridiculous to me.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 AM
BlackDeath3

To Douglasland: Congratulations! Enjoy the Stang you've been waiting so long for! As a 19 year-old college kid, I'm envious of you and everybody else with the means to acquire a brand new 2010 Mustang. I just hope by the time I get to the point where I can buy my own that the Mustang is still the badass muscle car it is today!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:28 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Thanks BlackDeath. Work hard and stay focused are the best bits of advice I can give you.

Jasezero: You and I do have some differences. I was able to order the car exactly to my tastes. Unfortunately the Ford folks won't build your "perfect" config. You are then left to determine how to best get there. Hang in there buddy. All I can say is make it right as soon as you can so you can enjoy the car as you envisioned.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 AM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
Thanks BlackDeath. Work hard and stay focused are the best bits of advice I can give you.

Jasezero: You and I do have some differences. I was able to order the car exactly to my tastes. Unfortunately the Ford folks won't build your "perfect" config. You are then left to determine how to best get there. Hang in there buddy. All I can say is make it right as soon as you can so you can enjoy the car as you envisioned.
Yeah...it will be easier to make it right once I actually get the car =P

But I'm really glad you were able to get the car exactly the way you wanted. I hope the weather gets good soon you can start enjoying the top down! =D
Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jasezero
The funny thing is, I'm not satisfied at all. The wait is way too long with what the factory said the delivery date was supposed to be (was supposed to be delivered 12/29, still not here). Maybe part of it is that I wanted to get some of the appearance stuff from the factory but they don't make it an option with the Track-Package. I don't see why you can't get the louvers or the hood scoop since the weight is negligible in the end.

Maybe i'll be happier once I get the car, but overall I don't think I'll be ordering another car from Ford again. It's the 21st century and if they can't get updates on where a $35k car is more than once a day seems a bit ridiculous to me.
I here you. I can order a $10 tee shirt online and get free shipping. I can then track that package from it's origination point all the way to my door and see every step along the way.

I can't understand how a multi-billion dollar company in business over 100 years and selling products that cost tens-of-thousands of dollars cannot tell you where your purchase currently is in the delivery chain. Absolutely unbelievable.

BTW, my car was supposed to be in yesterday. Of course it's not here yet though. What a suprise.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

The car arrived at the dealership today! Going after work and such to pick it up...only 28 days later than the factory said the delivery date was...
Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

The car arrived at the dealership today! Going after work and such to pick it up...only 28 days later than the factory said the delivery date was...
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Congrats, pics!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Woohoo!