Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing my patience

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:01 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Default Losing my patience

Ok.

I have my VIN and my Window Sticker.

Is there a 800 # that I can call Ford to have them tell me where the car is?

I ask this because I can only call my dealer so many times before I start to become a major PIA.

Thanks in advance if anyone has this info. I checked Ford.com and it wasn't obvious.

Douglasland
Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 AM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

I'm surprised it is taking you this long to get your ride. Look at your window sticker, on the bottom right corner there should be a slew of numbers, digits 6-9 are the date your car is to be built. Mine was born on October 26. Once it is built it has to be released for shipping. and then shipped. These dates the dealer can and should provide. I know I'm not really answering your question. I ordered my car on 16 October it was built on the 26th and delivered to me on 15 Nov. There is no reason it should take you over 3 months to get your car. If I was you, I'd be effing jumping on the dealers desk telling him to get his poop in a pile. At this point, I would realy consider asking for your deposit back or delay the order and wait for an '11. But that is just me. Good luck.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:29 AM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

I agree with the ^^^. Wait for an 11'. I know that doesn't help, but did you have any special options?? I would think it wouldn't be hard to roll the 10's off the assembly line now. What has your stealer said when you asked where your car is?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Does it take longer when you order a 'vert? I know it doesn't make much sense but my friend just got his a few days ago and it was a 12-week wait. Mine came in in less than half that but I ordered last March.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

get the 2011 with the same features at a 2010 price for your inconvenience!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Just got of the phone with Ford. The car is still in MO. The sticker seems to reflect the car was built on 12-10-2009. I know the hood scoop and spoiler added a week to the build since those options are installed at a second facility. Most likely the car will arrive on 1-14. Which is 3 days past the current rebates and 3 days after my $750 private cash rebate expires.....

It certainly looks like I had really bad timing on ordering the vert. Either production is really low or no verts were built in November. Waiting for the 2011 is just adding insult to injury. I would hate to see my car being driven around town after waiting since October. I'm certain the 2010 will have plenty of power to get me into trouble. I would expect to pay full price and wait until May or June.

Here's hoping for a really steep discount on the 2010 when Ford discloses pricing on the 2011 at the Detroit Auto Show on the 11th.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

douglasland, PM me with your VIN and I'll check and see where it is.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:29 PM
JacksGT2010

They will honor the rebates even if it shows up late. They did it for me.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

PM Sent Ford Engineer!

Jack: My Dealer has specifically told me since October that I can't get rebates that have past. He did offer me an ability to purchase the car (on paper) prior to it arriving but I'm leery of doing that. I have had a previous car (Dodge) be delivered with damage from transit.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 PM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
Just got of the phone with Ford. The car is still in MO. The sticker seems to reflect the car was built on 12-10-2009. I know the hood scoop and spoiler added a week to the build since those options are installed at a second facility. Most likely the car will arrive on 1-14. Which is 3 days past the current rebates and 3 days after my $750 private cash rebate expires.....

It certainly looks like I had really bad timing on ordering the vert. Either production is really low or no verts were built in November. Waiting for the 2011 is just adding insult to injury. I would hate to see my car being driven around town after waiting since October. I'm certain the 2010 will have plenty of power to get me into trouble. I would expect to pay full price and wait until May or June.

Here's hoping for a really steep discount on the 2010 when Ford discloses pricing on the 2011 at the Detroit Auto Show on the 11th.
I'm in the same boat...mine was ordered 11/7, finished building 12/14 (printed window sticker from online)...as of Tuesday it was still in Ohio...the dealership gave me some line about the weather delaying the shipments out from the plant...

The only good thing I can say is I dont see the incentives getting worse on the '10 models right now...the reason why I personally think that is that they are gonna have to start moving them soon to make room for the '11s coming out...

And yeah...still haven't gotten a call from the dealership yet on where my car is since Tuesday...

Quick Reply: Losing my patience