Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Well you need to decide on a pod. A Column or center console are the most popular.
The install can be as complicated as much as the sensors you add on. Directions are general however if you have done any electrical work on your stang it is nothing major. You basically run a wire from your OBD2 to where ever you install it. Any sensors then you need to add to it. It is not a long install.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:36 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Ok, yeah I thought I would need to add a sensor for oil temp. Thanks for the help. Is anyone running one of these with the roush vent gauge pod?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
How hard are they to install? How long do they take? What do you have to do exactly?
Best way is to get an sos pillar pod from www.brenspeed.com It will take under 30 minutes. You may need some tape to build up the circumference of the gauge and a few panduits (zip ties) to coil and stow the excess wire.

Last edited by BruceH; 01-09-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: added photo link
Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Anyone using the roush pod? Its a lot cheaper than doing the a-pillar.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Wes_T
1st Gear Member

I just installed the Interceptor with the Roush pod. Literally took 10 Minutes. Pop off silver trim ring, swap in Roush pod, pull out internal A/C tube, thread wire through, assemble gauge/pod, slip it all back in. I zip-tied the extra wire behind the dash, and plugged into the ODBII port. I don't have any extra sensors connected at this time.

So far I really like it. I put it in the driver's side vent.

I know I don't have an SVT car, but I didn't really care for the Interceptor logo.

Oil temp doesn't work in the Mustangs. Anyone know if Oil temp would be similar to Coolant temp, or is the oil significantly hotter?

Also what will monitoring oil temp tell you? Just engine heat, won't coolant temp give a similar indication?
How hot is too hot for oil or Coolant?

Last edited by Wes_T; 02-25-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

rather than make a new topic about the gauge I'll ask you guys

I'm getting ready to buy one of these, will it read PSI without adding a sensor? manifold PSI is listed in the parameters but I don't know if that's only on the factory boosted Fords or all Fords.

thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Wes_T
1st Gear Member

It shows Manifold Pressure on my '05. It's always a negative number, I don't have FI (yet)! No additional sensors. There is a 2nd data point called BOOST, I'm pretty sure this requires an additional sensor, since there is no info when I select this screen.

It's a cool gauge, very customizable, have fun with it.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

hummm, I'm going to call them shortly to order it, I'll double check with them and see what they say.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:40 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

The hp feature mentioned is not too accurate lol. When I tried it it read my peak hp as like 260 or something....and this would be flywheel
Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

the horsepower feature looked like a fun toy to play with but I would never assume it to be really accurate. one cool thing is they have a correction factor in the settings, so if you dyno'd the car you could adjust the correction until it was really close to your real numbers.

just ordered mine today, can't wait for it to come in to play with it

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge Question