Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooooo I did a *little* engine bay cleanup/rewiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:26 PM
memphisstylee

Default Sooooo I did a *little* engine bay cleanup/rewiring

Ever since I got my GT back in April I wasn't happy with the way Ford ran all the wiring harnesses in the engine bay.. so I did something about it while on Christmas vacation back home! All in all it took me roughly one week to hide/mount everything and extend wires as necessary and I ended up moving the PCM, Fuse brick, and battery. It wasn't a solid week of nonstop working and a lot of time was spent trying to figure out where to mount the PCM and fusebox so this could probably be done in about 3 days if I had to do it again. My overall goal was to have as little wiring in the engine bay as possible and to be able to hide everything else where you couldn't see it. I mounted the PCM inside the passenger fender well behind the badge on the fender using the stock mounting bracket that I modified slightly. The fuse brick was a little bit more difficult because I had to modify what was the bottom of the fuse brick in order to hide in the cabin underneath the glove box. But the way I did it, you cannot see it while sitting normally in the passenger seat! As for the battery I relocated it to the trunk and have some special plans for the trunk as soon as I can afford the material... damn economy lol Anyways, enough with the description and onto the pics :banana:

Old 01-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

looks very clean... but with left side just looks really empty since the right side still has everything on it... if you did something with the air intake it would look great
Old 01-09-2010, 06:03 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Now its time for painted valve covers and a new LT headers....the wiring and the battery did a good job of covering all that....looks great otherwise
Old 01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
memphisstylee

LAX - In the works.. I plan on getting a tuner/cai as my next mod. And im actually going to be making my own CAI and modeling it after Kenne Bell's design where the CAI is mounted inside the front bumper.

mygt500 - I agree, the stock rusted headers look like crap and I cant wait until I can afford to replace them and powdercoat the valve covers. If I could pick up a spare set of valve covers fairly cheap then Ill go ahead with them asap and sell the extras afterwards.

Last edited by memphisstylee; 01-09-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

holy crap man...that is alot of work.

looks kinda bare over there now though. any worries about shorts?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:10 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Good job, it's very clean.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:26 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Looks clean! Now you need a bigger motor to fill the space.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:35 PM
memphisstylee

Thanks guys!

Tylus - So far havent had any shorts and I made sure I covered every last solder joint with heat shrink to prevent shorts.

07BLACKGT - I wish I could get a bigger motor to fill in the space but a college budget doesnt really allow much free spending money lol so Ill have to wait until probably after college to get that one. BUt that doesnt mean I wont make this one look good in the mean time!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:00 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

damn that looks pretty good. Maybe throw some turbos in there with all the extra room.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

I wonder how expensive it would be to replace that PCM if you wrecked it.

Quick Reply: Sooooo I did a *little* engine bay cleanup/rewiring