Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Insurance MyRate device on a S197?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like big brother antics, and I'm no lab rat for that type of garbage.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Screw that, would never do it.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Geico?

To you guys that are using Geico, do you know Geico buys and gives police depts. radar guns (and I would guess laser guns too) free. Any idea why? More tickets means higher insurance premiums. I wouldn't support Geico at any price, but that's just me.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
To you guys that are using Geico, do you know Geico buys and gives police depts. radar guns (and I would guess laser guns too) free. Any idea why? More tickets means higher insurance premiums. I wouldn't support Geico at any price, but that's just me.
Wow, that's news to me.That is just so wrong.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
jscotty

I'll be sure to say no if they offer it to me for my other cars. IMO data alone is not enough to determine what kind of driver you are... especially when they use hard acceleration and braking to determine that you are a higher risk even though you might have been AVOIDING a collision.

To you guys that are using Geico, do you know Geico buys and gives police depts. radar guns (and I would guess laser guns too) free.
That explains why Motor Vehicles would immediately find out if I ever had a lapse in coverage. I had to leave Geico because it seems like they are always looking for a reason to penalize people for anything that they can. When I last signed up with them, they got the policy set up and gave me a quote. Then somewhere along the line they asked me how/why I learned about their company. I told them that one of their members crashed into me and I was very impressed with their claim services, so I figured it would be a good company. That endorsement and vote of confidence cost me an extra $40. I fought it and they re-adjusted the price but from that point on, they couldn't count on me to provide them with any more information that had nothing to do with my policy.

Last edited by jscotty; 01-12-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jscotty
I told them that one of their members crashed into me and I was very impressed with their claim services, so I figured it would be a good company. That endorsement and vote of confidence cost me an extra $40. I fought it and they re-adjusted the price but from that point on, they couldn't count on me to provide them with any more information that had nothing to do with my policy.
What!? How is it even possible they tried to charged you that extra $40? What excuse did they give you?

After I crashed my car, my plan said I owned 45 cents and was over due when it should have been paid in full. I freaked out after that thinking they would find any way to worm out of taking care of my claim. Luckily they told me my plan wouldn't be canceled over 45 cents. Was a sigh of relief, but they never told me I owned anything!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Well I wanted to post the results of my experience with the My Rate program with Progressive. In my case it didn't work out well at all. Instead of providing me with a discount for my next 6 month policy it is projected that my rate for my 2007 Pony Package would go up $30. The $30 is the "technology" fee for using the device.

I called and asked why. My mileage for the last 2 months was less than 1 mile. I cranked the vehicle at least once per week as requested. I was told they had questions about Feb 19 where I logged 0 miles, but ran the car for 30 minutes. I told the CSR that I pull my Pony out on the driveway for detailing and let the engine run. Anyway, when that was brought up I immediately told her I wanted out of the program and that I would be returning the device.

Anyway, my Pony has shed it's chains and is out of the stable. What was I thinking.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Thats ridiculous... thats why I love USAA
Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

That is a load of BS. They have to police your every movie. F that. Glad you got rid of that crap.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
Not in a million years.
+1 million

Quick Reply: Progressive Insurance MyRate device on a S197?