Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 GT order sheet

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Russ05

Originally Posted by ensign_lee
Nice build sheet, but I do have to comment that you paid $800 over invoice.

The invoice total is $35,355 from that page and you're paying $36,105. Now, if you're cool with that, that's fine, but if the dealer told you you're only paying $200 over invoice, he's full of crap when the numbers are staring at you right in the face there.
The other ouch is that there was a $1000 incentive floating around at that time as well. But, you still beat sticker and you sound happy so that is the main thing.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by USAF in Germany
The best chow I can remember was in tech school at Lowry AFB, Denver CO (a long time ago..). We shared the same building with the cooks, and they practiced on us. The breakfast was always good. The worst has to be the army chow I get here at Patch Barracks. I'm told by the Navy brethren I work with that the chow submariners get is gourmet quality, especially in the Chiefs Mess.
The subs don't necessarily get the best food, but they do get the best cooks. Having such a small crew to cook for really opens up your culinary options, too.

And yes, the Chief's mess has historically always had the best food. Much to the Officers' chagrin.

The food here in Iraq is quite good.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Bieker

Originally Posted by Russ05
The other ouch is that there was a $1000 incentive floating around at that time as well. But, you still beat sticker and you sound happy so that is the main thing.
The $36105 was not the actual price I paid. I did get the incentive plus I got the $750 coupon that came in the Taurus brochure. He couldnt put the incentive on the build sheet becuase I didnt take delivery until Sept. And you can only get the incentive that is available during delivery. And the coupon actually came after I picked up the car so the dealer turned it into Ford and I got a check in the mail for $750
Old 03-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Popeyejon
1st Gear Member

^^^ Don't forget also that the sales tax is deductible on your Fed 1040. 2009 was a good year to buy a new vehicle, provided you don't make too much.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
The subs don't necessarily get the best food, but they do get the best cooks. Having such a small crew to cook for really opens up your culinary options, too.

And yes, the Chief's mess has historically always had the best food. Much to the Officers' chagrin.

The food here in Iraq is quite good.
I wish the USAF had a senior NCO tradition like the USN Chief's Mess. I think thats awesome. Being in this joint gig, I have learned much about the other services, and I do like the amount of emphasis the USN NCO corp puts on E7. I thought it was crazy when a friend told what they had to do when they made Chief. In the AF, we have the Top 3, and its "exclusive", but the emphasis does not rival the USN's.

Not sure how forward your deployed over there, but here's a shout out to say thx, watch your back, and your buddy's backs too. Do you get regular care packages? I am about to send a batch of cookies to a friend in Kabul. I don't mind sending a few your way if you PM me your APO

Sorry about straying off topic..

Last edited by USAF in Germany; 03-04-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add a statement
Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM
kierankelly
1st Gear Member

So I finally heard back from the deal with my VIN. He told me to expect my car the last week of April! Was not expecting that at all.

Here's the link for my window sticker

Where does it say when it will be produced?
Old 04-15-2010, 03:01 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by USAF in Germany
I wish the USAF had a senior NCO tradition like the USN Chief's Mess. I think thats awesome. Being in this joint gig, I have learned much about the other services, and I do like the amount of emphasis the USN NCO corp puts on E7. I thought it was crazy when a friend told what they had to do when they made Chief. In the AF, we have the Top 3, and its "exclusive", but the emphasis does not rival the USN's.

Not sure how forward your deployed over there, but here's a shout out to say thx, watch your back, and your buddy's backs too. Do you get regular care packages? I am about to send a batch of cookies to a friend in Kabul. I don't mind sending a few your way if you PM me your APO

Sorry about straying off topic..
We're with an Army unit, the 5-5 ADA, and their senior NCOs are also quite bitter about the lack of a cohesive bond like we have with the chiefs. It really is almost like a whole new rank system when you make chief! For example, you will never, EVER call a chief "petty officer" even though their rank is "Chief Petty Officer". You're askin' for an ***-whoopin' if you do!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:04 PM
stealth32
2nd Gear Member

sry but this got me excited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJHqbqGCCMc
Old 04-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kierankelly
So I finally heard back from the deal with my VIN. He told me to expect my car the last week of April! Was not expecting that at all.

Here's the link for my window sticker

Where does it say when it will be produced?
Bottom Dead Center: 4/17/2010
Old 04-17-2010, 03:39 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
Bottom Dead Center: 4/17/2010
That's "180 degrees BTDC"

Quick Reply: My 2011 GT order sheet