Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Cams Mutha Thumprs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:23 PM
twilson1918
2nd Gear Member

Default Comp Cams ***** Thumprs

Heres a video of what i want my car to sound like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM1EP...eature=related
After recently totaling the 2005 GT due to weather im back in black with a STOCK 2006 GT.
Heres my questions....
Are these to "radical" for daily driver use?
Will i need new valve springs?
The new car is an automatic so i assume i should upgrade the gears to 3.73's to maximize performance?
Any idea of the exhaust on the video?
I know there are a million threads on this just want to get all my questions asked in one. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by twilson1918
Heres a video of what i want my car to sound like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM1EP...eature=related
After recently totaling the 2005 GT due to weather im back in black with a STOCK 2006 GT.
Heres my questions....
Are these to "radical" for daily driver use?
Will i need new valve springs?
The new car is an automatic so i assume i should upgrade the gears to 3.73's to maximize performance?
Any idea of the exhaust on the video?
I know there are a million threads on this just want to get all my questions asked in one. Thanks.
The ***** Thumprs are awesome...nothing beats the sound they give your car and they give some great power too contrary to what some people may tell you...being an automatic I wouldnt worry about drivability as you wont have a clutch to worry about so you will be fine...you will not need valve springs for this cam either...you will need either phaser limiters or lockouts though...3.73s should be perfect for an auto application 4.10s would give you better response down low though because you will loose some power down low...as for exhaust I would definately get some LTs with an O/R midpipe or catted depending on how loud you want it...I have a video on youtube of mine with JBA LTs, O/R H-pipe and flowmasters and I love the sound of it...very deep...just search for "***** Thumpr 05 Mustang"...starts out with the back of my dirty black car lol

Last edited by VanWilder; 02-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
1BADHRSE
1st Gear Member

I love my hot rods would not take them out... ***** Thumpers though are something I wouldnt do if you plan too s/c or Turbo...
Old 02-09-2010, 05:31 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1BADHRSE
I love my hot rods would not take them out... ***** Thumpers though are something I wouldnt do if you plan too s/c or Turbo...
Why?? Theres a guy on here or s197 or one of the forums that did a writeup on a supercharger, cam, etc install and he originally had the ***** thumprs and switched to a blower cam and only gained 10rwhp...btw the reason people say dont use the thumprs for supercharged applications is because of the overlap which causes the lopey idle...the hot rods are the same way...thats why they have a lopey idle...the ideal LSA for supercharged applications is around 115...the thumprs are 109 and the hot rods are 110...just an fyi
Old 02-09-2010, 06:44 PM
twilson1918
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VanWilder
Why?? Theres a guy on here or s197 or one of the forums that did a writeup on a supercharger, cam, etc install and he originally had the ***** thumprs and switched to a blower cam and only gained 10rwhp...btw the reason people say dont use the thumprs for supercharged applications is because of the overlap which causes the lopey idle...the hot rods are the same way...thats why they have a lopey idle...the ideal LSA for supercharged applications is around 115...the thumprs are 109 and the hot rods are 110...just an fyi
hey vanwilder thanks for all the info i will most likely go with the ***** thumprs over the hot rod cams even though they both sound great. Your car sounds great btw :0
Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

hey vanwilder thanks for all the info i will most likely go with the ***** thumprs over the hot rod cams even though they both sound great. Your car sounds great btw :0
Thanks a lot man!! glad I could help...if you have any other questions let me know
Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 PM
twilson1918
2nd Gear Member

Thanks a lot man!! glad I could help...if you have any other questions let me know
Thanks alot i appreciate it! do you happen to have any drive-bys of your car on video?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

The ***** Thumprs are awesome...nothing beats the sound they give your car and they give some great power too contrary to what some people may tell you...being an automatic I wouldnt worry about drivability as you wont have a clutch to worry about so you will be fine...you will not need valve springs for this cam either...you will need either phaser limiters or lockouts though...3.73s should be perfect for an auto application 4.10s would give you better response down low though because you will loose some power down low...as for exhaust I would definately get some LTs with an O/R midpipe or catted depending on how loud you want it...I have a video on youtube of mine with JBA LTs, O/R H-pipe and flowmasters and I love the sound of it...very deep...just search for "***** Thumpr 05 Mustang"...starts out with the back of my dirty black car lol
you sure nothing beats their sound? BBR cams sound pretty damn good.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...ilt_553735.htm

on a side note I have ***** thumprs to put in my car.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Thanks alot i appreciate it! do you happen to have any drive-bys of your car on video?
No unfortunately I dont at this time...once the weather clears up here I'll try to get some for you
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by white07
you sure nothing beats their sound? BBR cams sound pretty damn good.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...ilt_553735.htm

on a side note I have ***** thumprs to put in my car.
those do sound badass...some BBR cams I heard on silver eleanor car were the start of me wanting a radical sounding cam

Quick Reply: Comp Cams Mutha Thumprs