Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 AM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

OEM or Silver Horse Racing come to mind off the top of my head. They are more expensive though...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT1826
i appreciate ur reply but i'd like to correct u on a few things.

1. i did NOT join this forum for blasting them. look at my join date, i joined back in Dec. its February-goin into March.

2. yea they "seem" to be going to fix the problem, HOWEVER this is after nearly arguing with them about honoring their warranty. i had to literally convince them that it was "defective". it wasnt hey the spoiler is way below expectations, and they were like oh no prob. we'll make things right. send it back. it was more of a back n forth, it was nice at first, however it ended up getting frustrating cuz they seemed to not want to do anything about it. so the reason they are goin to now "inspect" it, is cuz i had to pretty much convince them to do so.

sorry if i came off like i wanted to blast them. it was jus me probably looking too much into the situation, and well being upset at how things started off. i did have high expectation from all the great reviews from everyone, only to be let down. but i'm still trying to be fair. i didnt leave any feedback yet. i plan on leaving positive feedback so to not hurt their good reputation on ebay. and if i have to i'll only comment on the final product. i dont have to be a d**k and mention how the first spoiler or however many it end up being were crap, i'll just simply comment on the good one i receive, that is assuming i get lucky and actually get a nice one. my luck hasnt been too good as of lately. hopefully things change.

a little off topic, i didnt realize the GT500 spoilers looked like that when off the car lol. not to mention that i didnt realize the spoiler is almost 6ft long. i was like OMFG, no way will that fit on the back of my car. sure surprised me.
1. Join date is noted, my bad. I saw that was your first post and I made an assumption. Everyone knows what they say about making assumptions.

2. While I understand getting frustrated by the the "back and forth" with the company, you have to understand there are probably tons of people who have no life and will call and demand new/discounted/free stuff for the smallest inconveniences cuz some people just cant be pleased. From a purely business standpoint they have to make sure there is actually an issue, I am sure.

3. I have never dealt with them and I dont know this for a fact, but from the sounds of it they are almost like a discount store. You cant expect discount prices and premium product, that will never happen.

4. My bad if I came off as a ***, that wasn't my intent. I know we all get frustrated when we buy stuff for our cars and do not get what we expected. Hopefully they do actually get it right and you are happy.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I never purchased from them before but no one likes to pay and get a damaged or imperfect part. From a business stand point, they are trying to take care of you. Just send it back and they will make it right, or just ask for a refund. Most likely they need to inspect the part to help ensure is was quality control and not damaged by the purchaser.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Ok, don't expect a perfect spoiler and paint for $90. I bought one from Atlantic mustang when I first got the car. The clear came off after about 2 years. That was almost $400 there. And of course, when I said something to them. It was maybe a month to late. I picked one up for $100 shipped on Ebay. And of course its not perfect, but it is still worth the $100. Just for future reference. Don't buy something the lowest you find it and expect it to be as perfect as a factory piece.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:12 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

PAINTED FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 FACTORY STYLE SPOILER 2005-2008

"Our spoilers are painted with DuPont paint, we apply 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear

We provide a 3 year warranty on paint defects

Blow-molded from ABS plastic resin for strength, long life and light weight

Made in a state of the art factory that is ISO 9002 and QS 9000 certified

Will not chip or crack like fiberglass

Comes with all necessary hardware, "template Strips" and gaskets for installation

Installation instructions are included

They are lightweight therefore you will not need to replace the factory trunk springs

***Spoiler is OEM certified as a factory replacement***

Brass inserts and Zinc coated steel bolts

Spoilers with LED lights will come with a 1 year warranty on the light

The spoiler is backed by a Lifetime warranty against material or workmanship defect."

Yeah, don't expect to get what is advertised.

Last edited by SaddleUp; 02-24-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Theres a reason its so cheap.

Last edited by redfireshaker06; 02-24-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Give them another try. If they are swapping it out. I'd be happy

Last edited by redfireshaker06; 02-24-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:40 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Hey Bro Welcome to the forums, always great to see someone else from KY in here. Honestly though, I agree with most of the other guys. Yes, they did send you a Sub-Par product, Yes it sucks. BUT they also offered to have it shipped back them at their cost and offered to replace their faulty product. IMO this is EXACTLY what good customer service is about...
Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

They're doing their best to try and help you out. If you look at all their feedback and all the products they sell, they seem pretty busy. Like others have said, send it back and let them do their thing. If they send you another botchy spoiler,then you have all the right to complain.

I bought my painted take-off spoiler from them for $70 and have no complaints. Then again all the painted parts I order are flat/satin black

Goodluck OP
Old 02-24-2010, 03:45 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

mine looked good , except for the light surface scratches I put on there myself because I put it on drunk lol..

Quick Reply: BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"